Displaying Past Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Displaying Past Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eghosa

Is it possible to allow the plugin display past events both on the widget and in a featured page?

Geoff

Hey there, Eghosa! Thanks for getting in touch. 🙂

Great questions. Let’s tackle them one at a time.

Is it possible to allow the plugin display past events both on the widget…

There is currently no easy way to display past events in the widget that comes with the plugin. I’m afraid it would take some custom development that would be beyond what we could do here in the forums.

That said, this is a feature we’ve seen come up on our UserVoice page. I’d encourage you to add your vote if you’d like to see it included in a future release. Also, here’s a direct link to our Themer’s Guide and our documentation to help get your started with possible customizations.

…and in a featured page?

It depends on what you mean by “Featured Page” but, there are a couple of options here.

The first is that the plugin automatically includes a page of past event. For example, the URL follows this patter: [your-site]/[events-slug]/list/?tribe_event_display=past

The second option is to create a template that displays only the past events you want it to. You can use tribe_get_events() to make this happen and we have a handy tutorial on how to set that up with some great examples.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi Eghosa! Thanks for following up and confirming the answer. I’m glad this helped answer your questions.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Displaying Past Events’ is closed to new replies.