Do I need PRO & Community Events?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Do I need PRO & Community Events?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AMF

We are going to upgrade to the Pro calendar for the map display feature however do we have to spend an additional $65 just to allow non-admins to submit their own events? Really do not want to have to spend $130 on what we thought was going to be a low cost solution to our needs – allowing people to list events for FREE.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy AMF,

Editors can also submit their own events and edit events. If you trust these folks to be editors hen you will just need PRO for the Map view. If you do not, then you will need Community as well. For community we had to build an entire area for accepting and managing even submissions, that keeps everything separated ant puts subscribers or even unregistered users in full control of only their events.

I hope you can find a solution that fits your budget. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks!

– Brook

nomalarianw
    Participant

Does Community come with the map view?

Brook
    Participant

Hello Nomalarian,

I hope you got an answer already. In case not: Community does not come with Map view, that is exclusive to PRO. However, Community works great with Map view if you have PRO as well. In fact, there are a handful of features that are only enabled when you have both PRO and Community enabled, basically all of them are PRO features that have been extended to improve Community as well.

Apologies for the delayed response. Since this is an open forum we have Akismet’s spam prevention installed. Unfortunately on rare occasion marks proper questions like yours as spam. This problem can be mostly avoided if you simply open a new topic for your questions instead of jumping in on someone else’s though. So if you do have another question, please open a new topic. Thanks for posting!

On that note, this post is now two weeks old and is being archived. If anyone has more question relevant to this, please do open a new topic and we will be happy to assist.

– Brook

Mike

Just wanted to let you know I decided not to use your calendar system because of this. I’d like recurring and user submitted events, but unfortunately not for $130.

I’m sure the are great add-ons.

Brook
    Participant

Good to know. I am glad you shared your feedback. While our prices are not set in stone they are directly affected by the size of the team it takes to develop, QA, and support these plugins. We do our best to cut costs where possible, but quality is certainly more important.

I hope your other solution fills your needs. Happy developing!

– Brook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Do I need PRO & Community Events?’ is closed to new replies.