Duplicate Facebook Events (Imported Again on Event Date)

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicate Facebook Events (Imported Again on Event Date)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’ve seen reports of this problem elsewhere on the forum but no solutions.

Going back to September 2013 or so, there’s a duplicate of every past event that was imported from Facebook. Before that, it seems that some events were duplicated and others weren’t. The site is set to import once a day and the second import on all the events I’ve checked always occurs on the day of the event (or at least that’s what the “Published” date is set to).

Site uses TEC 3.7 (not PRO) and Facebook Events Importer
    MySQL v: 5.5.38
    PHP v: 5.4.30

Barry

Hi – I’m sorry you’re experiencing difficulties.

We have indeed had a few reports of this but none that we’ve been able to reliably reproduce, unfortunately, making it difficult to assess and fix.

One of the biggest problems is that we need to be able to figure out if conflicts might be at work by asking people to run through our standard troubleshooting steps. Of course, in a situation like this one, people understandably do not want to leave their site in a “plain vanilla” state for the length of time needed to really test this out.

In this case would it be possible for you to set up a fresh WordPress installation – perhaps in a subdirectory within the same hosting environment – and install only our plugins and nothing else, then configure Facebook Importer correctly and see if you can trap the same problem there?

Assuming for the moment you are unable to replicate this in the test site, start adding the missing components such as any other plugins you are using and ultimately your theme – and see if the problem begins to occur then.

This is in a sense the reverse of our normal troubleshooting steps because you would begin with only our plugins and incrementally add everything else. By doing it in a test site there should be no impact on your live site.

Would that be possible here?

It may take a week or two to setup and run this, but I’ll see what I can do. Please leave this open for a few weeks while I work on this. (Also, for some reason I didn’t receive any email notification of this last comment.)

Barry

I’m sorry the email didn’t come through – we have had a few difficulties lately with our email provider but whatever the reason, please accept our apologies.

I can certainly leave this open 🙂

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate Facebook Events (Imported Again on Event Date)’ is closed to new replies.