Duplicate Weekly Views, etc.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Duplicate Weekly Views, etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dmg4683
    Participant

I apologize if something like this has been answered, if so, please direct me to that response. I tried searching but couldn’t find something similar.

I’m trying to have a calendar setup where an administrator sees two versions of the weekly calendar, while limited users see a different weekly calendar. All of the calendars will have the same events, however, the admin weekly views will show a whole bunch of information for each event listing, while the other will show a different set of information for each event. The limited users will have a weekly view that only shows the title of each event, and can then be clicked on…so this weekly calendar is the same as what comes with the Pro version.

Please help me figure out how to do this. I’m assuming there is a way to create another duplicate version of the weekly view (or any of the views for that matter), but I’ve yet to figure it out. If you need more information, just let me know. Thank you.

Barry

Hi dmg4683,

Interesting idea!

The best starting place for a customization like this is our Themer’s Guide – it covers the basics of safely overriding and customizing our templates.

One thing I’m not sure of is if you are wanting to place this extra information in the tooltip or next to the event title – but whatever the case, there is excellent documentation within the pro/week/single-event-hourly.php template itself and that is the best guide for this sort of change.

In terms of detecting whether or not to add this extra information (ie, whether or not the user has “admin powers”) I’d recommend building on the comprehensive suite of functions WordPress itself makes available for this purpose, such as current_user_can().

I hope that helps 🙂

dmg4683
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I’ve looked through the Themer’s Guide, but still don’t understand how to make a second and third Weekly view. I understand how to do what I want for each event/day, but don’t understand how to make another weekly view. I’d like to make these additional weekly views pages too, since I have a method for screening normal versus admin users. Please help. Thank you.

Barry

Hi dmg4683,

So if they have to be distinct “pages” – or reachable at a different URL than the one normally used for week view – that’s going to be a much more involved customization than simply adjusting the amount of information that’s exposed in the existing week view according to the current user’s role and capabilities.

If you’ve really got to follow the route you’re outlining then it is something you will need to drive forward yourself – but to learn more about setting up custom event views certainly do check out this agenda view plugin. Agenda View exists as a rough model on which you can base your own solutions, but please note we don’t actively support it.

I’m afraid there’s not much else we can offer you for this sort of customization – but it definitely sounds like an interesting change and I do wish you luck 🙂

At this point I will go ahead and close the thread, but if any other issues crop up definitely let us know.

Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate Weekly Views, etc.’ is closed to new replies.