Dynamic Widgets with 3.0+

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Dynamic Widgets with 3.0+

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kyle
    Participant

I know this was an issue in the past with the unique way you guys insert and call your custom templates, but I was wondering if there is anyway to get Dynamic Widgets to recognize the TEC or TECP template calls etc.?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy ktrusak,

I see you have done your research. Sadly the Dynamic Widgets plugin still does not jive well with ours.

You can still assign special sidebars to each view, but to do that does require some customizations to the Default Tribe theme, and thus a familiarity with our Themer’s Guide. Furthermore, you would also need to understand how to add WP sidebars to a theme. I wish it required as little knowledge as Dynamic Sidebars does, but that is not the case. Of course if you are familiar with all that already, then it is very easy. Perhaps even easier than Dynamic Sidebars.

We are always doing our best to make our plugin as compatible as possible with our plugins. But, unfortunately on occasion there are still plugins like this one.

Does that answer your question?

– Brook

Kyle
    Participant

Hi Brook, thanks for getting back to me.

Actually the sidebars themselves are not the issue. I’m a fan of Genesis, so it takes care of that with some good filters. Then, I can also knock out the Single Events and Archive Events with Dynamic Widgets once I establish the write template. The issues come in with the other calendar views, I.e. month, week, list, day, map… if possible could you run this by your devs(who are much more skilled than I), the way I have started isolating events to individual users is by associated them as the author and then filtering the query… could I somehow declare a widget the same way? See here for reference: http://pastie.org/8612543 . I.e. something like pre_get_posts $query->query_vars->[eventDisplay] == ‘month; { do_some_widget_that_dynamic_widgets_wont_put_in(‘5’); }

all the best,
    Kyle

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Kyle,

I am sorry for not responding quicker. Definitely not ignoring you, I accidentally missed your response.

The function tribe_is_month() would probably work better in that situation. Likewise, we have many other public functions for the other views. If you scroll down in the left-hand list you will see a gob of tribe_is_ functions for future reference. They are great for detecting things like the current view.

Hopefully you go this working. Again I apologize for not getting back to you. Were you able to get it fixed?

– Brook

Kyle
    Participant

Yeah, ended up using the whole list of those along with the Widget Logic plugin. Don’t think there is anyway to make Dynamic Widgets work with version 3+. Thanks for the reply!

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for the update! I wish I was able to do more. I hope the rest of your site goes smooth.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Dynamic Widgets with 3.0+’ is closed to new replies.