Edit single instance of recurring events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Edit single instance of recurring events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul Reicherdt

Hi all,

just a question before i’ll this plugin. I need to support additional information for a single instance of recurring events. For example, there is a weekly event and I would like to display the “preview/annotation” for next week event. But this additional information relates only to a single instance and i don’t want to create a completely new event with extra information.
    Is it possible with Event Calendar?

Kindly regards
    Paul

Brian
    Keymaster

Paul

Thanks for the interest in the Events Calendar Pro.

Yes you can edit a single instance of any recurring event.

When you hover of the event title of a recurring event the following options appear and you can click edit single for any of the events in a recurring event.

recurring-edit-single

Does that answer your question?

Thanks

Paul Reicherdt

Brian

thanks for quick response! It sounds great! Just to clarify: if I edit a single instance – will be a new/single event created in backend or not?

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

If you edit a single instance it does not become a new event, it is still the same event. If you edit a single instance it breaks it out of the recurring event series and becomes independent of them.

So if you would edit the recurring event series after doing a single event edit it would not change that event, but it would the rest of the series.

Does that make sense?

Paul Reicherdt

Thanks Brian! Thats what i wanted.

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, glad it answers your question, I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need any other on something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Edit single instance of recurring events’ is closed to new replies.