editing event category page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO editing event category page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    meredy
    Participant

I want to sort my events by category so I posted the category heading on the menu (under season). My problem is that I can’t figure out how to style this category (post? or page?). It appears with the standard title block which I would like to delete on that page only. How do I get rid of the title header on this page?

meredy
    Participant

how to edit the tile area of template for the Event Calendar–ie make it smaller or add a photo?

Geoff

Hi there, Meredy! Welcome back to the forums and I hope all is well. 🙂

We’re a bit limited in the amount of support we can provide for custom development, but I’d be happy to help get you started so you have what you need to make it happen.

How do I get rid of the title header on this page?

If you are trying to remove the big page title on a category page, check out this handy list of snippets that shows how to change the titles on any given calendar page. The snippet you add to your functions.php file might look something like this, though you may need to fiddle with it to work with your theme or to fit your exact needs:

function filter_events_title ($title) {
    if ( is_tax() ) {
    $title = '';
    }
    return $title;
    }

how to edit the tile area of template for the Event Calendar–ie make it smaller

The title itself can be re-styled with CSS. For example, the class for the page title is .tribe-events-page-title, which could be styled like this in your style.css file:

.tribe-events-page-title {
    color: red;
    }

Check out our Themer’s Guide for more detailed information on customizing calendar styles.

or add a photo?

You can use the tribe_events_before_loop() function to include any custom code you want before the list of events. Here is a snippet that provides an example of what that looks like for the List View. Similarly, you could use the tribe_events_before_html() function to do the same before any other event content.

You can find much more detailed information on everything that’s available to you in our documentation.

Sorry I’m unable to provide the exact coding needed for your site, but I hope this helps point you in the right direction. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Meredy! Just checking in to see if there’s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Meredy! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘editing event category page’ is closed to new replies.