embed the EDD Tickets into a wordpress page

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions embed the EDD Tickets into a wordpress page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andres

Hello,

I am seriously considering purchasing the EDD Tickets Plugin, but I have a few questions. Our WordPress theme is currently powered by Enfold. Enfold makes it super easy to build beautiful pages with it’s built-in tools. Given that, I prefer to build event pages with standard WordPress pages rather than using the Modern Tribe Events Plugin. You can get an idea of what I’m building here: http://eagallakes.com/sample-events-page/. As a designer, I want to apologize about how ugly the page looks; it’s still early in development. What I would like is for people to scroll to the bottom of this page page and add tickets to their cart, the same way you would buying tickets on a Modern Tribe Events page.

If that’s not possible, is there at least a way to get rid of the event details box on the Modern Tribe Events Page? You know, the little box that has date, venue, map, etc. I just want one clean page to work with.

Thanks for the help!

Geoff

Hi there, Andres! Thanks for getting in touch. πŸ™‚

Great questions. Let’s see if we can pick this apart a little bit and cover them one at a time.

Our WordPress theme is currently powered by Enfold. Enfold makes it super easy to build beautiful pages with it’s built-in tools.

I do want to give you an early caution that there are multiple known issues with how Enfold and The Event Calendar work together. We’re doing our best on our end to create a smooth integration, but there are some things on the theme level that need to be addressed as well.

I’m not sure if you would encounter the same issue, but it’s definitely something to be aware of.

Given that, I prefer to build event pages with standard WordPress pages rather than using the Modern Tribe Events Plugin.

The Events Calendar does have a setting that allows you to use the Default Page template of your theme rather than the Default Event template. If you did decide to use the Default Event template, you could override it and create your own custom layout. Check out our Themer’s Guide for a thorough overview of all the customizations that are available. For example, you can wipe out the Details box and Map altogether by removing them from the template.

What I would like is for people to scroll to the bottom of this page page and add tickets to their cart, the same way you would buying tickets on a Modern Tribe Events page.

Yes, this is definitely possible with any of our ticketing plugins. The ticket plugin of your choice will add a form to the event page that will allow visitors to select a number of tickets before checking out, which is handled by the eCommerce platform (i.e. WooCommerce, etc.).

Phew, we covered quite a bit there! Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Andres

Geoff, thanks for the quick response! Ok, everything is looking good so far. There’s just one thing I want to clarify. This page right here: http://eagallakes.com/sample-events-page/ is a standard static WordPress page. If I were to purchase your EDD Tickets Plugin, will I be able to add a section on the bottom of the page to purchase tickets and add them to their cart? I just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Geoff

Hey there, Andres! Thanks for following up.

That sample link sent me to a broken page but, yes, there is a setting in the plugin (Events > Settings > Display) that will allow you to tell the plugin to use the “Standard Page Template” for the calendar and events. This is the typically the page.php template in your theme.

Again, just want to toss a heads up your way that I’ve seen issues pop up with the Enfold theme, specifically to the template settings. In one case, the settings to choose which template to use were simply not there. Our plugins do come with a full 30-day refund policy, but it’s still good to know that those issues may exist.

Does that help clarify things a bit? Please let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Andres! Thanks again for confirming the answer.

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We’d be happy to help. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘embed the EDD Tickets into a wordpress page’ is closed to new replies.