Enormous Perfomance Problems

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Enormous Perfomance Problems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    freiformat
    Participant

Hi ..
    we have enormous perfomance Problems with your Plugin.
    Our whole server crashes !!!!!! So we have to deactivate the plugin.
    We have up to 255 Events and its gettin more (round about 1000 Events).
    We tried the update 3.7. Same problems.
    Our Server-Administrator send me me the repsonsible SQL-Query:

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT wp_posts.*, wp_postmeta.meta_value as EventStartDate, tribe_event_end_date.meta_value as EventEndDate FROM wp_posts INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships ON (wp_posts.ID = wp_term_relationships.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tt1 ON (wp_posts.ID = tt1.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tt2 ON (wp_posts.ID = tt2.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tt3 ON (wp_posts.ID = tt3.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tt4 ON (wp_posts.ID = tt4.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tt5 ON (wp_posts.ID = tt5.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tt6 ON (wp_posts.ID = tt6.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tt7 ON (wp_posts.ID = tt7.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tt8 ON (wp_posts.ID = tt8.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tt9 ON (wp_posts.ID = tt9.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tt10 ON (wp_posts.ID = tt10.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tt11 ON (wp_posts.ID = tt11.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tt12 ON (wp_posts.ID = tt12.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_postmeta ON (wp_posts.ID = wp_postmeta.post_id) LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta as tribe_event_end_date ON ( wp_posts.ID = tribe_event_end_date.post_id AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_key = ‘_EventEndDate’ ) WHERE 1=1 AND ( wp_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id IN (147) OR tt1.term_taxonomy_id IN (148) OR tt2.term_taxonomy_id IN (146) OR tt3.term_taxonomy_id IN (132) OR tt4.term_taxonomy_id IN (143) OR tt5.term_taxonomy_id IN (142) OR tt6.term_taxonomy_id IN (134) OR tt7.term_taxonomy_id IN (133) OR tt8.term_taxonomy_id IN (131) OR tt9.term_taxonomy_id IN (141) OR tt10.term_taxonomy_id IN (145) OR tt11.term_taxonomy_id IN (144) OR tt12.term_taxonomy_id IN (149) ) AND wp_posts.post_type = ‘tribe_events’ AND ((wp_posts.post_status = ‘publish’)) AND (wp_postmeta.meta_key = ‘_EventStartDate’ ) AND (wp_postmeta.meta_value >= ‘2014-09-15 10:17:09’ OR (wp_postmeta.meta_value <= ‘2014-09-15 10:17:09’ AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_value >= ‘2014-09-15 10:17:09’ )) ORDER BY DATE(wp_postmeta.meta_value) ASC, TIME(wp_postmeta.meta_value) ASC LIMIT 0, 3;
    The SQL-Query crashes our SYSTEM and we have stop the process manually.
    Our developer told me, that it could be the problem with Categories:
    events-calendar-pro.php : 188
    add_filter( ‘tribe_events_query_posts_joins’, array($this, ‘posts_join’));

We set up our developer version on blank.woodlandevents.eu and there are only 44 Events. There’s no problem.
    On the LIVE-System http://www.woodlandevents.eu with 250 Events there’s have no chance.
    Please make a update of your query or anything else.
    Our client is very pissed at the moment.
    Thanks for your help.
    Best regards

Barry

Hi freiformat,

I’m sorry you’re hitting difficulties.

We’ll definitely make a note of that and see if there is anything further we can do about this.

• I note you don’t seem to be running the latest versions of our plugins – can you try updating and see if that improves things?
    • Can you tell me anything more about the live server? 250 events isn’t all that many so I’m surprised you are hitting difficulties. What sort of server are you using/is it a shared hosting package?

Thanks!

freiformat
    Participant

hi …

we tried u update, there were no changes .. same problem ..

we have a maneged root server … on this server we have only installed 3 Projects .. i will send u the detailed server specification later .. but i’m sure that’s not a server problem.

Our developer told me, that’s a problem with the categories … the most strange thing is, when the plugin is activated, that the normal blog is not working anymore

Barry

we tried u update, there were no changes .. same problem ..

OK, sorry to hear that (just to be clear, I realize you noted having tried updating to 3.7 – but of course 3.8 is now available, too).

Our developer told me, that’s a problem with the categories …

Can you (or your developer) provide a little more context about when this is happening? Is it on the main events page, all pages, just the list of events in the admin environment, etc?

… the most strange thing is, when the plugin is activated, that the normal blog is not working anymore

That is definitely strange. I realize you noted having already tried our standard troubleshooting steps:

YES, I’ve deactivated all other plugins to check for a plugin conflict.
    YES, I’ve reverted to the 2011 default WordPress theme (with other plugins still deactivated) to check for a theme conflict.

Just for the avoidance of doubt, can you confirm if those steps helped with the problem or allowed you/your developer to isolate any conflicts?

freiformat
    Participant

we have to try the new update 3.8 …
    my developer wrote to me:

” It seems that whenever we create a new category (here in that case it’s 148, 134, etc.) that it’s creating another JOIN in the SQL statement, therefore it seems that the the whole table is included there for every categorie (here: 10 times). Correct would be a statement like “… term_taxonomy_id IN (148, 143, …)” instead of all those JOINs
    If I correct this statement and insert it directly into e.g. phpMyAdmin it runs smoothly without problems
    : For me it seems that the problem is here:”
    we are absolutely sure that there’s no conflict.

Barry

OK – and can you tell me a little more about when this is happening? Do you find this problem occurs on the main events page, all pages, just the list of events in the admin environment, etc?

freiformat
    Participant

it happens on this page (http://blank.woodlandevents.eu/eventsmap/) ..

freiformat
    Participant

only frontend …

Barry

Thanks for clarifying.

I can understand why your developer sees a link to the categories, yet I can’t help but suspect something else – be it code in another plugin or your theme – is applying a taxonomy query: I don’t at this time believe our plugin is generating those extra inner joins, unless I am misunderstanding the circumstances in which this is happening.

So I mean it seems to be up and running and seems pretty snappy and responsive. Has something changed to avoid the server crashing? Would I need to perform some other action to see the problem at work?

we are absolutely sure that there’s no conflict.

OK, but we’re still pretty puzzled by this as we cannot replicate it.

Could you create a test site – this could be as simple as a fresh WordPress installation in a subdirectory – and install and activate only The Events Calendar, Events Calendar PRO and also Debug Bar but nothing else – then create some test events and categories and see if the same query is formed?

If so and before you install or activate any other plugins (or anything other than a default theme), can you provide us with access so we can take a look at the site?

Thanks!

freiformat
    Participant

This reply is private.

abqsangha
    Participant

Since installing 3.8 we cannot search the calendar by categories. Hugh problem.

freiformat
    Participant

so we have to downgrade to 3.6.1 or 3.7?

Barry

I set up a complete new WP Site (TwentyTwelve Theme)

Thanks for setting that up, and for providing credentials. Before we go any further, though, and before anything else is added to the test site: can you (or can your developer) confirm that the same issue is present on this site?

In other words, is the same query problem still present?

Since installing 3.8 we cannot search the calendar by categories. Hugh problem.

so we have to downgrade to 3.6.1 or 3.7?

I’m sorry to hear that – and no, hopefully you will not need to downgrade. The best course of action though – since this sounds like a separate problem from the one we’re dealing with here – is to create a new thread.

That way we can focus on the query issue here and I or another team member can assist you with any upgrade problems in a fresh thread.

Thanks!

freiformat
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

OK. We do try to stick to one issue per thread, though, so if you could create a new thread for this other problem (with the blog loop) that would be appreciated – and I will leave this thread open for the time being in case you do hit further problems re performance/queries.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Enormous Perfomance Problems’ is closed to new replies.