Error on Event Category List View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Error on Event Category List View

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Denise Crosbie
    Participant

In the category view of a category that has events, both the month view and the list view wrk perfect, see here: http://www.manitobathunder.net/events/category/u12-team-events/month/

However, when I go to a category that has no upcoming events, then the month view works fine, but the list view does not, see here: http://www.manitobathunder.net/events/category/u21-team-events/month/

Barry

Hi Denise, that’s strange.

Can you post your System Information (from the Events > Help admin scree) and also confirm if deactivating all other plugins and switching to a default, unmodified theme resolves this? It would be great if we could isolate whichever component is conflicting, assuming that’s what’s happening here, and take things from there.

Cheers!

Denise Crosbie
    Participant

K I will try disabling and get back to you…

Denise Crosbie
    Participant

Hi. So I am looking around (I am actually having a few different problems with this even plugin at the moment). Anyhow, I see on the community forums on wordpress there is another user who is having this exact same problem as I am, see here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/category-pages-break-if-there-are-no-upcoming-events-in-v32

Since there is another user with the same problem I would prefer not to disable all plugins and my theme if possible. Can you just ask the developers to see if they can recreate this problem on their base theme/plugin setup? It seems maybe it is an issue with the plugin.

Barry

I think you’re right Denise, bear with us a little longer while we investigate.

Barry

Hi Denise,

Just wanted to add that this should be fixed as of the next maintenance release. If you feel comfortable doing so then as a temporary workaround you can replace the-events-calendar/lib/tribe-template-factory.class.php with this alternative version.

Though such a change will be wiped when next you update, the next update ought to incorporate the same fix so there should be no problem. I hope that helps – and apologies for the inconvenience.

epratt
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    As far as those errors I just happened to see them in the log file. My main issue is still that none of my events show up in the admin section. I can’t search them or anything. I have over 500 events published and seem to work fine on the front end. But I can’t see any events in the back end to make changes. The site is a live site so I can’t really go changing things on the fly as far testing with a different theme or shutting off other plugins. No other plugins have been added. The only change made was updating to 3.2 events cal. pro. Is there a way I can simply go back to the older version? That would solve my problems for the time being.

epratt
    Participant

Ignore the above post or delete it please. I was responding to my original post and I clicked on the wrong window to reply. Sorry

Barry

No problem!

Denise Crosbie
    Participant

I tried this fix and it worked great. Any word on when the 3.3 release is coming out? A few weeks or more like months?

Barry

Fantastic. We can’t commit to a specific date, I’m afraid, but we’re certainly optimistic that it will be within the same of some weeks rather than months.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread as it seems we’re all good – if there’s anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new thread or threads as needed.

Thanks!

Leah

Hey there,

I just wanted to let you know that a fix for this issue is included in our upcoming version 3.3. Keep an eye out on your WordPress Plugins page for an update. Thanks for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Error on Event Category List View’ is closed to new replies.