Event Calendar for Buddypress with role restrictions?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Calendar for Buddypress with role restrictions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chris

Hi everyone,
    we are building an intranet solution based on buddypress. Now we are looking for a strong event calendar solution which fits our complex needs. Can you tell us if the following functions are possible in events calendar pro:

In general he users need to be able to book different things. Therefore we need different calendars: rooms / cars / educaction events….

Does events calendar pro support some kind of booking form? the user has to be able to fill out a specific form (differs for every calendar) as well as define a time of day.

The user shall be able to book, when logged in, without entering email and name. Is that possible?

The calendar should support different roles: Some roles are able to book, others only can see calendar without booking.

I hope You can answer my questions…

Hi, thank you for considering “The Events Calendar” for your needs.

I’ll do my best to answer your questions, please let me know if you feel i missed anything.

In general he users need to be able to book different things. Therefore we need different calendars: rooms / cars / educaction events….

Currently The Events Calendar is a single calendar, with that said you can tag/categorize events and display only the events that belong to a specific tag/category.

Does events calendar pro support some kind of booking form? the user has to be able to fill out a specific form (differs for every calendar) as well as define a time of day.

The Events Calendar Pro does not have booking capability. We do offer several plugins for integrating ticketing support for users to purchase tickets.

The user shall be able to book, when logged in, without entering email and name. Is that possible?

Again support for selling/purchasing tickets to events is not part of The Events Calendar Pro but would require additional plugins. You could potentially extend the ticket forms so that if the user is logged in that the email/name is not required or displayed in the form, this would require customization.

The calendar should support different roles: Some roles are able to book, others only can see calendar without booking.

Currently we don’t by default restrict view of information based on user roles outside of editing and basic administrative functionality.

I would highly suggest you take a look at the free The Events Calendar plugin and see if it offers the basic functionality you are interested in as well as the new user primers for our ticket plugins they have additional information that could help you learn what functionality is available out of the box.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us and let me know if I missed answering any of your questions.

– Matthew

Hi, I wanted to quickly follow-up with you to see if you are all set or if you have further questions. Please let me know if you do have additional questions I can assist with or if I should go ahead and close this thread.

Thank you,

– Matthew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Calendar for Buddypress with role restrictions?’ is closed to new replies.