Event List Styling / Calendar Navigation Odd when no Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event List Styling / Calendar Navigation Odd when no Events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Joshua

My apologies up front as it seems this plugin might be geared towards someone with a little more WP programming experience than I have so I’m guessing these are probably rather basic questions. So here’s my questions:
    1 – When in Calendar View, The Calendar Navigation appears correct until navigating to a month with no events. At that point, the buttons/links move towards the top of the page and overlap. Any thoughts? http://www.georgiakayakfishing.com/events/2011-12
    2 – Event List View – I’d like for there to be a line separating different events (i.e. a line between the event description and the next event’s date) since currently, the text all runs together. Could you point me in the right direction on how to fix/change that? http://www.georgiakayakfishing.com/events/upcoming/

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Hey Joshua. Thanks for the purchase; happy to help here.

On #1: This was a known issue in an earlier release but should be fixed with the 2.0.3 update. Are you still having problems even after updating both Events Calendar + Events Calendar PRO? Let me know if so and I can get a dev to take a look here.

On #2: I think I understand your issue here, and it’d seem to me like you could control this in either list.php or events.css. If you did a template override (saving a new ‘events’ folder to your theme directory; copying over the file you want to change; and modifying the copied file here) any changes you made wouldn’t be overwritten when the next plugin update releases.

Hope that helps. If you need anything else or have any follow-ups, just let me know.

Joshua

#1 – I just checked on the updates and it looks PRO was updated but not Events Calendar. After updating Events Calendar, the problem still continues. You can see it here: http://www.georgiakayakfishing.com/events/2011-12
    Any thoughts?

#2 – Ahh. I found it. I couldn’t events.css before because I was looking under the Pro plugin files and not the regular events calendar plugin folder. Thanks.

Rob

Great to hear we got #2 resolved. As for #1, let me see if our dev Jonah has any suggestions here. I’ve passed this his way for review.

Jonah
    Participant

Hmmm, looks like a bug that we’ve seen before. It could be theme related or just something with our plugin. For some reason, extra and tags are being thrown into the code messing the display up. I’ll have one of the other devs take a look at this and we’ll get back to you.

Rob

Joshua, per Jonah’s note, I’ve got this off to another dev. Hopefully we’ll have a response for you here shortly.

Rob

Joshua, per Jonah’s note, I’ve got this off to another dev. Hopefully we’ll have a response for you here shortly.

Rob

Hey guys. So I’ve been looking into this issue with the dev team these past couple days, and we’re sort of at a loss on this one. As Jonah pointed out, extra

and
    tags are added in the html (source) of the page. We tried to duplicate this with different scenarios using 2011 but couldn’t. We also tried all the different page templates (in the events calendar settings) with PRO on and with PRO off and with versions 2.0.2, 2.0.3 and 2.1 (we even tried mixing and matching different versions of free and PRO) but none of our tests yielded the extra html elements.

So this means that this is a theme or plugin conflict. Is there any chance you guys who are still experiencing this issue would be willing to post out a list of your plugins & site theme? I’ll try and identify a common thread among them so we can figure out the culprit from there. Thanks so much!

jacques

Same issue here. With no plugins installed I am using the Humble theme http://themeforest.net/item/humble-portfolio-and-business-theme/595690?ref=twi

Rob

Hey Jacques: if you want to shoot me an email (rob at tri.be) with a link to this thread, I can give you some code that may help ease the integration. Let me know.

Roberto
    Participant

Hi Rob, same problem here: http://www.muve.it/manzoni2/events/2008-09/ if i go back to a date without events, all layout gone 🙁

Rob

Hey Roberto. Thanks for the note here. Have you confirmed that this is specific to your theme? If so, would you mind posting it as a separate thread so I can bring in a dev without them getting confused? Thanks!

Roberto
    Participant

Hi i don’t think is theme related 🙂

Rob

It’s got to be caused by something independent of the core plugin itself, since we’re not seeing it at all on our default 2011 installs with the tagged 2.0.5 release 🙂 It may also be a plugin…if you can try deactivating those, assuming it’s not the theme, that will help us identify the specific conflict and try to diagnose accordingly.

A new thread would be awesome, though, as this one hasn’t really been active in almost 3 months and I don’t want to “cross the streams.”

Rob

Just wanted to follow-up on this one, Roberto, after looking through our projects system and talking with the dev team. It looks like we still do have an open issue related to this that we’re trying to resolve for the 2.1 release – we thought we’d patched it in 2.0.5 but it then returned. It’s a tricky issue, but so far we have confirmed that it is theme-related (and hope to get to the bottom of it as a result).

Just wanted to give you a heads up. Once we make progress on this, we’ll definitely let you guys in this thread know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Event List Styling / Calendar Navigation Odd when no Events’ is closed to new replies.