Event List Widget still not operating correctly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event List Widget still not operating correctly

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tlpchicago
    Participant

Hello,
    I wrote a few weeks ago about having issues with the Event List Widget on my site’s homepage. I tried the troubleshooting a support team member provided, and I still am having issues. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry for the issues you are having and that we were not able to work with you the fist time to solve it. We do typically close tickets if there is not activity for two weeks so we were a little quick on closing it, but thanks for posting again to resolve this.

You said in your previous post you were going to try the Testing for Conflicts Guide. Were you able to do that and did anything change?

Also it looks like you have it on the Home Page Widget area, does it work if you put it in the sidebar widget?

Let me know about that and we can go from there.

Thanks

tlpchicago
    Participant

Brian,

Thanks for the message. The way the theme was customized we do not have a sidebar widget area. The widget is currently located on the “Home One Half” widget area. Thanks for your support.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok, sounds good about the widget areas.  Do you have any other widget areas you can place a Event List Widget in? Also could you try the Mini Calendar Widget and See if that works?

I see a sidebar on this page with widgets:

https://www.tlpchicago.org/about-us/our-partners/

Is it possible to add a widget there?

Could you also please answer this:

You said in your previous post you were going to try the Testing for Conflicts Guide. Were you able to do that and did anything change?

Here is out testing for conflicts guide for reference.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/testing-for-conflicts/

Let me know what you find out thanks.

tlpchicago
    Participant

Okay, I will take a look again at the testing for conflicts this evening and see if I can find a conflict. I’m not well versed in WordPress and website design and am sort of learning as I go here for my nonprofit.

The calendar widget does work, however my supervisor liked the list widget better. We only want the widget on the homepage and not on the other pages of the site that has a sidebar.

Brian
    Keymaster

I understand  you do not want the Event List on other pages, but please add as  test and then remove it from the Sidebar and see if it works in the sidebar area. That will help narrow down the issue.

Also, please confirm you have deleted the current Event List Widget on the home page and added a new one without changing any settings and see if that fixes anything.
    Thanks

tlpchicago
    Participant

Brian,
    Tried the widget on a pages sidebar and still no events were listed. In the past I have deleted the current Event List Widget on the homepage and added a new one and that did not work.

I my biggest concern when testing for conflict is when I switch themes will the way the active theme is configured be lost?

Best,

William

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi William,

See my answers below:

I my biggest concern when testing for conflict is when I switch themes will the way the active theme is configured be lost?

The WordPress Settings do not change when changing themes. I think the theme settings should not change, but that depends on your theme so I cannot say for sure.

The Widgets will get moved around as it sounds like you have custom widget areas.

I would recommended backing up your site before testing for conflicts either way.

If you cannot change themes are you able to create a “staging” site where you can do tests there?

I am afraid this is a necessary step to narrow down the issue and cannot be skipped.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Event List Widget still not operating correctly’ is closed to new replies.