Event List Widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event List Widget

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    hc2ca
    Participant

Would like to do some customization of the event list widget, specifically:

1. Show more than the default number of events. I know that this is based on the settings in the theme, but I am hoping there is a way to override with a custom number.
    2. Remove bullets from the list. This widget looks very odd on my site with bullets leading in front of the dates. Even if they can’t be removed, I would settle for a way to make them blend in with the bg.

Apologies in advance for the noob questions, but I have been searching for some time and cannot seem to find any answers re: similar requests.

Rob

Hi hc2ca. No problem; we should be able to point you in the right direction here. Let me see if our dev Jonah has any suggestions.

hc2ca
    Participant

Excellent, thanks Rob!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi hc2ca,

For #1 you should be able to just go into Appearance > Widgets and adjust the Events List widget options to show the number of events you want to show: http://cl.ly/0a1c33272a2I2h1f1O3b

For #2, you basically just need to modify the CSS so the events list items do not show bullets. Do you have a URL I can look at as an example so I can give you some CSS to apply?

Thanks,
    Jonah

hc2ca
    Participant

Jonah,

Thanks for responding, and apologies for taking a long time to get back.

Re #1 the list of events in the widget shows a max of 10 in the drop down list. Is there anyway to override that? It is my understanding that the max there is based upon the number of entries on the main blog page, which makes sense as I have 10.

Re #2 I’ve bee trying to figure out where/what exactly to insert in the css with zero success. Yes, please take a look: kingstonist.com

Jonah
    Participant

Hi hc2ca,

On #1, it’s possible but complicated and we won’t be able to provide a solution. You’d need to override the default widget code as talked about here: https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-completely-customize-widgets/- and then you’d need to call a different admin-views/widget-admin-advanced-list.php file from the widget…

On #2, first make a copy of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/resources/events.css and place in an ‘events’ folder in your theme. Then on line 418, change the declaration from:

.eventsListWidget li, .singular.page li.hentry, .eventsAdvancedListWidget li, .singular.page li.hentry {
    margin: 6px 0 !important;
    padding: 0 0 10px 0 !important;
    }

to:

.eventsListWidget li, .singular.page li.hentry, .eventsAdvancedListWidget li, .singular.page li.hentry {
    list-style: none;
    margin: 6px 0 !important;
    padding: 0 0 10px 0 !important;
    }

hc2ca
    Participant

Jonah,

Thank you very much for your help! I am going to look at other means to accomplish #1. #2 worked perfectly. I assume that by copying/pasting events.css into my theme folder that all the settings will be preserved if/when we upgrade to the next version of pro?

Jonah
    Participant

Hey hc2ca, you’re welcome and your assumption is correct!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Event List Widget’ is closed to new replies.