Event Widget Events not Showing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Widget Events not Showing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    andre6000
    Participant

My widget in the side bar is only showing The month of October [Last Day]. I have events thru the end of next year. Why is it stopping at the last event of the month. I could not find a tick box to say “All Months”. I switch to 2011 theme. Turned off all plugins and still nothing. You can see the page here:http://photo.careybakerdesign.com/about/success-stories/. I had five showing before but as the event went by they went away naturally.

Barry

Hi there andre6000,

Thanks for posting!

It looks like you’re using the mini calendar widget (but perhaps have customized it to hide the calendar grid itself) – is that accurate? If so, what you’re experiencing is really by design: on initial load it only shows upcoming events for the current month.

Might a switch to our Events List widget provide a better fit here?

andre6000
    Participant

Hi barry,
    Thanks for your reply. I originally had the Event List widget installed but didn’t like the features. This was without customization. So I installed the events calendar mini calendar widget and it gave me all the events with the styling I liked. Are you suggesting that the only way to get multiple months is to use the Event List widget? And that the events calendar mini calendar widget will only serve up for the month your in?

Barry

Hi!

Are you suggesting that the only way to get multiple months is to use the Event List widget? And that the events calendar minicalendar widget will only serve up for the month your in?

Not quite – the entire plugin is highly customizable and modifying the query that is used to fetch the list of events (in the context of the calendar widget) is a real possibility, though it’s a more advanced customization.

Ultimately though it sounds very much like the events list widget is the closer fit here since it already does what you want and – just as you have already customized the calendar widget – so you can customize the events list widget to look however you would like.

If you haven’t already seen this I’d recommend reading through our Themer’s Guide which covers some of the basics here.

Does that help or at least give you some ideas to explore? Since this is very much customization territory I don’t think we can help much more on this occasion unless you have any final questions?

andre6000
    Participant

Hmmm…but its working for October and I didn’t customize it.

Barry

Hmmm…but its working for October and I didn’t customize it.

Did your theme come complete with customizations targeting The Events Calendar, perhaps?

Normally for instance there would be a calendar grid at the top of that widget – but dynamic-gen/theme/dynamik-min.css explicitly hides it (though I can’t be sure if that is the theme author’s intent or if custom CSS has been added by you/a designer working on your behalf, etc).

Since it is a month-based calendar grid what you are seeing listed (today) are upcoming events taking place in October – so it’s functioning as expected – but unlike the events list widget it doesn’t list events from the following month.

Does that clarify things? It might be if you switch to a default theme like Twenty Thirteen and set up our widgets (whether on the same site or a test site) you get a better sense of how it would work without any customizations.

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Widget Events not Showing’ is closed to new replies.