Eventbrite Addon

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite Addon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Denise Crosbie
    Participant

Hello! I am using the events calendar pro on one of my websites. Now I am considering adding on event registration and am looking at my options for doing this. I see you have Eventbrite Plugin for addon to the events calendar. Before I can decide if this will work for me, I have the following questions:
    – I see a note that event registration does not work for reoccurring events. So, lets say I have a 10 week session that is seutp to reoccur every Wed at 10am, then I can’t sell tickets for these event/session?
    – Paypal option – does this mean that all people who register for an event have to have a paypal account, or does it use the new paypal advanced setup where they can just enter their credit card even if they don’t have a paypal account?
    – Paypal payments – does this work for paypal canada customers?
    – I saw a note about paying through paypal and how eventbrite will invoice as necessary for the eventbrite fees. That seems like a bit of a pain…is there some type of setup where we can just have eventbrite auto withdraw from our paypal account the fee so we don’t specifically have to put in a payment?
    – Can I still customize the registration form with any fields I want?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi thanks for the interest in our Eventbrite Plugin.

I have answers for your questions below. I think many of the features you request would be a nice addition, but we are limited by the EventBrite API in what we can do.

Also, please check out the New User Primer for EventBrite and watch the videos as they walk you through the process.

The 2nd video starts with using the Eventbrite plugin, the first is for setup.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/eventbrite-tickets-new-user-primer/

– I see a note that event registration does not work for reoccurring events. So, lets say I have a 10 week session that is seutp to reoccur every Wed at 10am, then I can’t sell tickets for these event/session?

If you setup a recurring event the tickets only show for the first day of the event and not the rest. You can go into EventBrite after that and setup tickets for later events.

– Paypal option – does this mean that all people who register for an event have to have a paypal account, or does it use the new paypal advanced setup where they can just enter their credit card even if they don’t have a paypal account?

Eventbrite’s API is for Paypal only and yes everyone needs a PayPal account to purchase through your website. This is a limitation of the API.

– Paypal payments – does this work for paypal canada customers?

Since they are using Paypal to pay it should, but there maybe settings on Paypal side to make this work.

– I saw a note about paying through paypal and how eventbrite will invoice as necessary for the eventbrite fees. That seems like a bit of a pain…is there some type of setup where we can just have eventbrite auto withdraw from our paypal account the fee so we don’t specifically have to put in a payment?

That is done on EventBrite’s side and the API does not enable us to change that.

– Can I still customize the registration form with any fields I want?

I am afraid not.

Does that answer your questions?

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite Addon’ is closed to new replies.