Eventbrite error: Invalid user_key

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite error: Invalid user_key

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    NMAMA
    Participant

We are getting this error when trying to create an event:
    The following Eventbrite error has occurred: Invalid user_key
    We have quadruple checked the user key and updated all plugins etc…

Hi!,

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with our Eventbrite Tickets plugin. The error message you see is coming directly from Eventbrite so it means that the key is not validating.

To rule out any conflicts could you please confirm for me the following.

1) User you are creating events with has the Eventbrite API User key property set to the value you get from http://www.eventbrite.com/userkeyapi/?ref=etckt

2) Disable all plugins except <i>The Events Calendar</i> and <i>Eventbrite Tickets</i>

3) Confirm that when you attempt to create an event you still recieve the error.

4) If error persists please change your theme to Twenty Thirteen or Twenty Fourteen and retest.

Doing the above will let us know for sure that there are no conflicts and we can take next steps.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us,

– Matthew

NMAMA
    Participant

I tried these steps and still got the error both times. I also verified the API key again. Still having an issue.

NMAMA
    Participant

Now anything to do with my events calendar isn’t working. All of my events aren’t showing on their URLs.

Hi!

Sorry to hear you are having additional issues. Can you please outline  for me the extent of the issues you are facing.

1. If you disable Eventbrite Tickets does your events display?
    2. Can you edit/view events from the WP Admin screen
    3. Can you view the Events Calendar at the /events/ urls or your own customized event slug?

Thanks for your assistance,

– Matthew

NMAMA
    Participant

Disabling the Eventbrite plugin does not help. I can edit it in WP admin but when I click “View Event” I get the page cannot be found error. The events show up in my /events/upcoming-events/ etc… But when you click on the actual event it does not show. Example: http://nmama.org/events/upcoming-events/

Hi, Sorry to hear you are experiencing additional issues.

Can you visit the Permalink Settings page, confirm everything there is correct and hit update? That might help to refresh to rewrite rules table. With that done, see if the page is accessible as expected, and let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you,

– Matthew

NMAMA
    Participant

It is set to custom structure: /%category%/%postname%/. I changed it to Post name and the problem persisted.

Hi!

I’m sorry to hear that the issue was not resolved by resetting the permalinks. As we seem to diverged from the original issue to a new one I want to take a step back and re-confirm that the current issue is not due to a conflict with theme or plugins.

We have documentation on identifying if a conflict exists and I would like to ask you to run through the process. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/testing-for-conflicts/

Based on the outcome we should have additional details to better assist.

Also can you confirm for me if the original Eventbrite issue still exists? or if you are using a caching plugin?

Thank you in advance for your help and patience while we resolve this issue.

– Matthew

NMAMA
    Participant

Changing the theme fixed the broken URL. I’ll continue to work on that with the template developer. The eventbrite issue still exists.

Great! Well not great that a conflict exists, but that there is not another issue that needs to be investigated.

If possible could you send me your Eventbrite API key and an event id in a private message? By doing so I can import your event in my local test environments and see if I can replicate your issue.

Thanks in advance,

– Matthew

NMAMA
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi, thanks for sharing your Eventbrite API Key and website details.

I ran a test of the Eventbrite API Key against my test website and on http://nmama.org/ and in both cases the Event was successfully created in Eventbrite. I setup both events as Draft status so that way it wouldn’t clutter your system.  Can you verify again that you are still receiving the above error message? If so can you share the exact event details you have supplied to the “Add New Event” page ?

Thanks in advance,

– Matthew

NMAMA
    Participant

You can’t be joking… it works now. The only thing I can think of is I just had wordpress regenerate my .htaccess file today trying to fix the issue with the 404 errors mentioned above (which didn’t help). Thank you.

NMAMA
    Participant

Just an FYI about the 404 error. In case someone stumbles along this thread.

I was able to fix it! After I updated the .htaccess file I had the idea to switch to twenty fourteen again and see if that still worked. It didn’t. So I decided to go through the troubleshooting process again. deactivating all the plugins fixed the issue this time! So I went through and reactivated them one by one until I found the culprit.

So it looks like the issue was a bad .htaccess file AND a conflicting plugin.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite error: Invalid user_key’ is closed to new replies.