Eventbrite event showing price range $0-$100 when one ticket type is hidden?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Eventbrite event showing price range $0-$100 when one ticket type is hidden?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bill
    Participant

Ticket price displayed under Eventbrite is $100. But we offer special promo codes that will allow a “hidden type” ticket of $0. So with the promo code you can attend the event for free. The problem is – the eventbrite add-on is not respecting the hidden ticket type and is showing a ticket price range of $0 – $100. How do we get it to only show $100.

Barry

Hi Nuvonium,

Sorry you’re hitting difficulties, here.

In the first instance I’d like to make sure I understand the problem correctly: do you mean that you have created tickets on Eventbrite (or have created them locally on WordPress and subsequently have edited them on Eventbrite) and have then made use of the Ticket Visibility property?

Screen grab from Eventbrite ticket settings

And the issue from there is basically that Eventbrite Tickets has no knowledge of this – is that a fair summary of the problem?

Bill
    Participant

Created in EB, then imported. I honestly don’t know when the promo ticket (for $0) was created, but it would have been done in EB. Yes, that $0 ticket’s visibility is set to “hide this ticket type”. But it’s somehow triggering the price range $0 – $100 to display on the wordpress page. No, the ticket itself doesn’t show – but the desire is to only show the $100 ticket price and not the $0 – $100.

Barry

Hi – thanks for confirming.

I can definitely see what you mean. I think though a problem here is that some limitations are imposed by the Eventbrite API: when we pull in the event data it is definitely possible to determine that the ticket visibility is hidden – so potentially we could choose not to record the prices of any hidden tickets.

The catch though is that, best I can tell, we are unable to retrieve additional data surrounding the ticket visibility – like when exactly the ticket once again becomes visible – without implementing a significantly more complicated mechanism with challenges and possibly shortcomings of its own.

So, it seems like a slightly sticky situation here and we’re to some extent at the mercy of the Eventbrite API. Given that, what would you like to see here (bearing in mind we’ll need to balance up any changes with what others in the community may like)?

I can’t make any guarantees but we’d be interested in hearing your thoughts here and if we can reasonably accommodate them we will try our best to do so 🙂

Ben
    Participant

I am having the same issue as Bill, with Eventbrite hidden tickets affecting the displayed Price Range in Events Calendar PRO. We sell high-value sponsorships as tickets, and when those prices show up in your plug-in via the Eventbrite import, we see ridiculously high ticket price ranges — like $0.00 – $7500.00. Who would want to go to that event?

I think this is a relatively new problem as we’ve been using hidden ticket types for years now in Eventbrite. The price ranges only recently started showing up. Can we exclude the price of hidden tickets from the ranges by default?

Barry

Unfortunately we missed some replies – please accept our apologies on that count. Right now though we are only notified when the original poster updates the thread: for that reason it is always best to create a new thread of your own. With that in mind and also because quite a lot of time has passed at this point I will go ahead and close the thread – but if you still need help please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite event showing price range $0-$100 when one ticket type is hidden?’ is closed to new replies.