Eventbrite ideas + Copy event picture through Eventbrite extension

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Eventbrite ideas + Copy event picture through Eventbrite extension

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    xrossglobalgroup
    Participant

Hello,
    Although I’m not such an Eventbrite fan, there are defintiely some really positive things to say for it!

1. Through Eventbrite is is very easy to copy an event. With the Events Calendar this is still a cumbersome process. Some of the Tri.be people suggested working with another plugin to copy an event, but it didn’t work out with me yet. Through the Eventbrite extension, however, it is rather easy to copy an event in Eventbrite, and then copy the event ID# of the new event, and simply important that event in the Events Calendar… 🙂

2. Another thing that is missing from the Events Calendar is a simple RSVP system. It’s possible to put free events at 0 and let people go through the entire process of getting a ticket, but sometimes you really don’t want your visitors to go through that entire loop. With Eventbrite registration is easier, so if you integrate the Eventbrite functionality in your events for those that don’t require your own Woo-based ticketing, then go ahead with Eventbrite.
    3. Can the Eventbrite event picture also immediately be copied to the Events Calendar? (right bar at the bottom). This is normally the same picture.

Some ideas:
    * The Eventbrite ticket box on the WP-site is not adapting to the number of types of tickets available. The register button often disappears as well. Could it be more adaptive?
    * Just like the normal Events Calender Wootickets box, would it be possible to choose where this box is put? Now it’s only at the bottom of the page.

Geoff

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for getting in touch! This is a good summary of some other topics you’ve brought up recently and you bring up some great new ideas for features as well.

Through the Eventbrite extension, however, it is rather easy to copy an event in Eventbrite

Awesome! I’m so glad you’re enjoying the Eventbrite add on. Thanks for sharing your good experience with us.

Another thing that is missing from the Events Calendar is a simple RSVP system.

That’s an interesting idea! Yes, setting the price to zero is generally the same thing, but you’re right that there’s a difference between tickets and RSVPs. Eventbrite and our Eventbrite add on are both ticketing solutions, but it would be neat to look into something geared to RSVPs. If you haven’t already, please add your vote for this feature on our UserVoice page. We check this place regularly for features to add into future releases.

Can the Eventbrite event picture also immediately be copied to the Events Calendar?

That’s a good question and the answer is not currently. This would be another great thread to add to our UserVoice page.

The Eventbrite ticket box on the WP-site is not adapting to the number of types of tickets available. The register button often disappears as well.

I’d like to look into this issue a little more. Would it be possible for you to try testing for conflicts to see if the cause is with the plugin, the theme or another plugin? If the issue persists, please open a new thread detailing the issue a little more, including a link to an example and steps for how to reproduce it, and we’ll take a look.

Just like the normal Events Calender Wootickets box, would it be possible to choose where this box is put? Now it’s only at the bottom of the page.

All our plugins allow quite a bit of customization. If you haven’t checked out our Themer’s Guide, I’d suggest starting there for step-by-step instructions on how to create your own custom layouts. You can find the specific the hooks and classes for the Eventbrite plugin in our Eventbrite documentation as well.

Does this answer your questions? Please let me know if I can be of further help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, just checking in to see if there’s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. 🙂

Geoff

Hey there! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new a new thread and we’ll help you out. Thanks!

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite ideas + Copy event picture through Eventbrite extension’ is closed to new replies.