Eventbrite.ie events not being imported

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite.ie events not being imported

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    coffeeculture
    Participant

I noticed that in the import eventbrite events I can not import eventbrite.ie events. Why can I not do this? I followed the instructions and it doesnt want to import at all.

http://www.eventbrite.ie/myevent?eid=3929098038

This is the error I am getting “We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and try again.”

Barry

Hi!

I’m sorry to hear you are hitting difficulties.

Is it possible the event in question is private or has not yet been published? Can you share the public URL for the event (normally this will not contain myevent in the path).

Thanks!

coffeeculture
    Participant

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/beginners-latte-art-bl1-basic-barista-training-tickets-3929098038

Thats the URL for the event. I’ve tried putting in the number given and I’ve tried using the whole section behind the /e/ and it wont work.

Barry

Hmm. Interestingly enough I am able to import it with no difficulties whatsoever.

Would it be possible for you to run through our standard troubleshooting steps in case a conflict of some kind is at work here?

coffeeculture
    Participant

Did you only use the Number at the end or the whole section after /e/ ?

Just so i know which on to test with.

Barry

Just the number:

coffeeculture
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

OK. Before I do anything on your test site, can you confirm that we have your permission to deactivate plugins, switch theme, change settings and so on?

We strongly recommend you make a backup (and that you know how to restore that backup) before we start – and, though I appreciate this is a development site rather than the production site, I nonetheless need to emphasize that we cannot accept responsibility for any issues that result from the troubleshooting process.

Thanks!

coffeeculture
    Participant

Hey Barry.
    The site we’ve allowed access to is a developement site. So you wont be working on the actual live website of the client.

Do what ever you need to do, to test and find the issue.

If any issues occur on the development site, no problem, thats what its there for. To test and see what works and what doesnt.

Barry

Great! Can you also add your Eventbrite API key to the user profile for the test user account – or provide it in a private reply?

coffeeculture
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks!

Just to clarify, it has to be entered per user – so it may have been added to your own user account but it definitely wasn’t set up in the profile of the test account you created 🙂

Can I ask you to double check that it is correct? With that API key in place I can certainly see the same problem – and it’s not restricted to your site. When testing things out locally with your API key I was able to inspect the actual response coming back from Eventbrite, which was as follows:

{
        "error": 
        {
            "error_type":    "Authentication Failed", 
            "error_message": "Invalid user_key"
        }
    }

So, essentially, it’s telling us the key is wrong.

The other thing that strikes me is that it doesn’t look like most Eventbrite API keys I have seen. Though Eventbrite doesn’t state that it will be anything other than a random string of characters, in my experience it is generally numeric (containing no letters) and somewhat shorter than the one you provided.

By contrast, when using my own API key the event was imported without any difficulties.

In short – I think double checking your API key could be the answer to this problem. Can you do that (and refer as needed to our Eventbrite Tickets new user primer, particularly this section)?

Let me know how you get on 🙂

coffeeculture
    Participant

Hey Barry
    As far as I can tell. The API key is the correct one that we got from Tri.be for the Eventbrite Tickets add on for the plugin.

I will see if there is an API Key that event brite gives to check if that can work.

coffeeculture
    Participant

This is the API Key from Event Brite. It is not working at a key for the plugin though.

[API key removed as an added precaution … please be careful when openly posting items like this – Barry]

Barry

This is the API Key from Event Brite. It is not working at a key for the plugin though.

That’s expected – they are two completely different things (sorry for the confusion!) – the Eventbrite API key is used only to let our Eventbrite Tickets plugin communicate with Eventbrite and this should be entered in the correct place in the user profile of the person managing imports.

The plugin license key that we issue when you make your purchase on the other hand facilitates automated updates of the plugin and that should be entered in the Events → Settings → Licenses admin page.

Does that clarify things?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite.ie events not being imported’ is closed to new replies.