Eventbrite import to WP, 2way synchronization messed up

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite import to WP, 2way synchronization messed up

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kevin
    Participant

How do I turn off two way synchronization between wp event and the eventbrite?

recently, importing eventbrite to the event calendar pro in wp nowadays cause a slew of programs for my company.

1. wp featured images (shows up in the head of the eventbrite)
    2. events times appear start and end time the same (I have to change it in wp)
    3. import feature trys to pull the image from EB and use it as my featured image in WP.
    4. any edits in the body change on my eventbrite as well

I need the ability to have wp look different from the eb. Otherwise this plug-in has now become useless.

Here is an example below (it does it now for all my imported events into wp)
    here is the event on event brite
    http://www.eventbrite.com/e/startup-tour-orientation-techranch-incubator-programs-coworking-office-space-for-startups-tickets-10694534641

here is the event on my site
    http://techranchaustin.com/event/startup-tour-orientation-techranch-incubator-programs-coworking-office-space-startups/

I have read that you are all working on an update. Can I have an eta on this?

thanks
    [email protected]

kevin
    Participant

knowing that the api make changes back and forth between the wp and eb, i tried “removing the featured image” from wp to see if it would remove the huge image at the the top of the eventbrite and it does not. This is a nasty glitch… 🙁

kevin
    Participant

“turn a glitch into a feature” is my current plan

what i plan to do is make banners as featured images in WP so when we it syncs over to EB it looks like it part of the page and not a glitch

for example
    http://www.eventbrite.com/e/entrepreneur-campfire-techranch-sx-is-over-what-is-next-registration-10786912947

any other work arounds? thoughts?

kevin
    Participant

5. changes all event organizer information.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Kevin. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks for your patience!

These are all totally valid concerns, and you’re not the first user to express frustration with these. Thank you for the time to give us all this feedback.

We are currently working on a way for users to selectively choose when updates are pushed to Eventbrite, but it’s not something that’s possible in the plugin as it stands. At this point, the best suggestion that we can offer is for you to break the association between the event on TEC and Eventbrite and, then, add the ticket box iFrame to the TEC event description.

I know that’s a really kludgy fix, but do you think that could work for you until we get something more polished out the door?

kevin
    Participant

Hi Kelly,

I have had to stop using the plug in since I continue to find errors that the api sync creates.
    Including it deleted one of our saved user profiles in our EB 🙁

There seems to be no way to break the link between TEC and the EB for events that have already been synced over. I am REALLY SCARED to delete the event WP for fear that it will delete the EB event as well.

What is the ETA for having these api issues fixed? I feel stupid for just paying the keep this plug in and it is now useless.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, kevin. I apologize for the tardy reply. I had a death in the family, and this thread seems to have fallen through the cracks while I was out.

Did you have a chance to check and see if the solution I suggested would work for you? Basically, you would import the event from Eventbrite, and then, choose the “no” radio button for the question “Leave this event associated with eventbrite.com?”.

To get the ticket iFrame to display on your TEC event page, go to the Manage page for your event on Eventbrite. Under Invite & Promote: Website Integration, you’ll see the “Ticket Form” option. Click there, and copy the code from the following page to paste into your TEC event description. That should get you back in business for the short term.

As far as the change to the plugin goes, it looks like it’s unlikely to make it into this upcoming release, but we hope it will be very soon after that. (As a matter of policy, we can’t commit to what will make it into future releases because you things may change at the last minute.) Once we’ve rolled it out, we’ll be sure to come back here and let you know to look for it! 🙂

kevin
    Participant

sad to hear your loss. i hope you are taking time for your family and your work is allowing you to. as to my issue with your product, this solution works for now. it requires more admin time from me now but at least I don’t have to deal with the issue the synchronization causes.

please let me know asap once this is fixed.

Rob

Hey Kevin. Just a heads up that Kelly has left the team for at least the next few months, so I’m happy to take this over for you. It sounds like you’re sorted at this point…correct? Let me know if not or if we can do anything else for you in this thread.

kevin
    Participant

i am sad that I just spent money on service that is now only half as useful (thanks to the random eb api change) but I have I work flow that works for the time being.

please let me know once these integration issues have been fixed

Leah

We’ll be sure to let you know in this thread kevin. Thanks for your patience!

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite import to WP, 2way synchronization messed up’ is closed to new replies.