Eventbrite not importing into WordPress

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite not importing into WordPress

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    idahospinehealth
    Participant

Hello!

I can’t seem to get the eventbrite to import and I’ve followed the instructions on the support pages. All of the APIs are entered and connected to the user and the license is showing the URL is connected. I also disabled the Coming soon mode to make sure that wasn’t blocking things. But the import won’t recognize the Event ID. Please help (I’m the web developer- I also don’t want to deactivate the theme and lose any work to date, this is going live shortly)

Barry

I’m sorry you’re hitting difficulties.

Can you share – by private reply, if you prefer – the actual event URL (as it is on Eventbrite) and the ID you are using when you try to import?

Can you also tell me the actual error you are being presented with?

idahospinehealth
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

I’m prompted to login when I try to access that URL: can you confirm the public URL – or else make sure that it is indeed live to the world?

idahospinehealth
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks!

So I actually find I can import that without difficulty.

Though I’ve no doubt you have checked and re-checked, are you absolutely sure that the admin user who is trying to import the event A) has an Eventbrite API key set up in their user profile and B) it is correct and valid?

What does the API key look like for you – is it a mix of letters and numbers or just numbers?

idahospinehealth
    Participant

Thanks!! The API is a mix of numbers and letters and I did make sure that the user I’m using (the client’s user acct) is linked to the EB API. I’m not sure how I’d confirm that the API is valid, its a new account and under the account info on the Tribe site it says that the URL is linked and the API expires Nov 2015.

Does this mean that the theme is the issue then? If so, I’ll disable the theme and try something else but that would be a total redesign of the site if they don’t communicate. It’s not an overly fancy theme with complicated scripts.

idahospinehealth
    Participant

Ok, I just disabled the theme, disabled the coming soon plugin, cleared the cache and it still won’t import. this site needs to go live soon and this is the core element on the site.

Barry

Thanks!! The API is a mix of numbers and letters

So while it’s not impossible that you have the correct key the thing is that, typically, my experience has been that Eventbrite API keys are entirely numerical.

Is it possible you have confused the API key with something else, such as an application key? This is how the API key appears for me when I login to my Eventbrite account:

Sample Eventbrite API key

With that in mind, can I ask you once again to check that your API key is correct?

idahospinehealth
    Participant

Holy Sh*t Barry!! You have the patience of a saint!! And I’m an idiot!!! I totally was using the license key and not the API. *slaps palm to forehead and hangs head in shame*

Thank you soooooo much!! If I could buy you a beer– I’d totally do that. Thank you!!!

Barry

Happy to help and glad it’s all working 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread – but if we can help with anything else please do let us know …and I’d certainly be only to pleased to exchange a beer for a (hopefully positive!) review of The Events Calendar over here on our plugin review page 😉

Thanks again!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite not importing into WordPress’ is closed to new replies.