Eventbrite Promotion Code URL?

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite Promotion Code URL?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    stevenmilstein
    Participant

Is there a way to attach a promotion access/access code to the site’s URL? For example, myWPdomain.com/?access=my-access-code show work like myevent.eventbrite.ca/?access=my-access-code .

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Barry

Hi!

I’m not completely clear as to the problem: it’s definitely possible to pass in parameters via a URL query, but what is the end result you are trying to achieve?

stevenmilstein
    Participant

The end result would be the same as passing in the parameter to Eventrbite & the hidden tickets, or, discounts are displayed.

Barry

OK, so is this actually in relation to Eventbrite Tickets? Are you trying to detect if a user has a promotional code and instruct Eventbrite to add a discount when they purchase on eventbrite.com – or is this something quite separate from that?

stevenmilstein
    Participant

Yes, this about the Eventbrite Tickets plugin.

stevenmilstein
    Participant

Barry, the https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-pages-and-referrer-url-detection/#post-256146 thread is Closed. Can you please tell me where that snippet of code would go? Can I add an Eventbrites Ticket child theme?

Barry

Well, the snippet would probably best be located in a custom plugin – but your theme’s functions.php file could also serve as a home for it (and indeed that could be located within a child theme).

Honestly though there just isn’t a quick answer we can give you here: as in the other thread, this is really custom development territory and – generally speaking – we just can’t work through those sorts of problems on your behalf – some solid development know-how is really required.

If it would help you out, we’d be happy to provide a list of suitable freelance/independent developers who might be able to work with you on this one – just email us at pro (at) tri (dot) be and we’ll be happy to provide that 🙂

stevenmilstein
    Participant

Fair enough.
    Thanks

Barry

No problem: I’m sorry we couldn’t do more on this occasion but I hope you get there 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread – of course if you have any other questions regarding other issues please don’t hesitate to create new threads and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite Promotion Code URL?’ is closed to new replies.