Eventcalendar with category subscription

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Eventcalendar with category subscription

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mk411

Hello there,
    we plan to launch an eventcalendar as a full website. The calendar should be sortable with fixed categories like dance event, music event, sport event, etc. For website visitors it should be possible to subscribe to one or more of these categories. Additional we want to have registered users, that add their own event (without the possibility of changing other content or the design of the calendar). Are these specifications possible with this plugin?

Best regards
    mk411

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the interest in our plugins. See my answers below.

we plan to launch an eventcalendar as a full website. The calendar should be sortable with fixed categories like dance event, music event, sport event, etc.

Just quick note we do not offer a shortcode so getting the calendar on the home page requires a high level of customization. you can use the widget on the home page, but it is not styled the same as the main calendar.

By default we do have Category views for all the categories you create for events.

For website visitors it should be possible to subscribe to one or more of these categories.

We do not have a subscription feature built in. People can get events using the Google Calendar or iCal Exporter or subscribe to the rss feed.

Additional we want to have registered users, that add their own event (without the possibility of changing other content or the design of

This is possible with the Community Events Add On only.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

mk411

Hello Brian,

thanks for quick answers. What do you mean with “main calender”. You got a demowebsite with a fullside calendar. We plan to do this like that. Is that possible?

Best
    mk411

Brian
    Keymaster

You can download the core version of the Events Calendar and that setups the main calendar:

The Events Calendar

Usually by default at this url:

yoursite.com./events/

It is possible to change the events slug, but there must be a slug so you cannot make the home page the main calendar without customization, which is beyond the support we can provide.

There is a demo of the calender here as well:

http://wpshindig.com/events/

Let me know if you have anymore questions related to this.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventcalendar with category subscription’ is closed to new replies.