Events Calendar 'broke' Polylang

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar 'broke' Polylang

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Wojciech
    Participant

Hi,
    I had problem with Polylang which I describe here http://wordpress.org/support/topic/polylang-works-quirky-on-cpt?replies=1

but I start to make tests and I turned off all plugins and problem dissapear. So I check all plugins and problem appear when I turned on The Evens Calendar.
    How that is possible? Why your plugin have that effect on that other plugin?

EDIT: I change theme to default and I turn off all other plugins except Polylang and Events Calendar (events are CPT so I’m testing and problem is still going :()

EDIT II: OK, I’ve got answer from Polylang author:
    “In v2.0.11, this is coming from the line 1887 in lib/the-events-calendar.class.php

remove_action( ‘save_post’, array( $this, ‘publishAssociatedTypes’), 25, 2 );

It’s due to a not well documented issue in the plugin API of wordpress. See tickets #9968 and #17817

From what I read from the source code of the plugin, it does not appear obvious that this line is useful. Just ask the authors if you can safely remove it. ”

So :). Can I remove it?

Barry

Hi Wojciech,

I’m not sure if you can safely remove it – and we don’t generally recommend changing core code – but you could certainly experiment by commenting it out (adding double slashes // to the start of the line).

I’ll check in with the dev team on this one to confirm if any changes might be happening here for a future version.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi again Wojciech –

So one of our devs, Paul, looked at this. His recommendation was that you should not remove (or comment out) that function.

It’s possible that it’s purpose isn’t something you currently need (or, that you have needed so far) however it isn’t something we can remove from our code and to do so with your own copy would be likely to cause problems later on – particularly if you use the Save Draft functionality and are working with venues and organizers.

Wojciech
    Participant

OK, so is there another resolution? What else I can do to make it works with Polylang?

Barry

I’m afraid there isn’t too much more we can suggest – the code Polylang’s author suggested you remove is needed by our plugin and ordinarily works without any issues.

If you do remove it then please bear in mind that you do so at your own risk – with the very real possibility of new problems appearing.

It’s definitely unfortunate that it happens to cause a problem with Polylang (though if I understand things correctly it may be the true problem is in the internals of WordPress) but unfortunately we can’t really offer much more in this direction.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar 'broke' Polylang’ is closed to new replies.