Events Calendar PRO doesn't appear/show up

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar PRO doesn't appear/show up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    commongoodsa
    Participant

Hi there
    Our site has updated to the latest version of the Modern Tribe’s The Event Calendar PRO, but it’s not appearing anywhere on our site (it’s meant to pull through to our home page). Nothing’s been disabled and all events on our back end are listed as published either.
    I do see that our license is about to expire, but surely this doesn’t have an effect (I read it in the FAQ section).
    Can anyone help me?

Barry

Hi – sorry you’re hitting difficulties.

Your license definitely shouldn’t impact. Other than facilitating automated updates it actually has no operational bearing on the plugin itself (and so even if it expires the plugin keeps working with all of its original functionality).

Our site has updated to the latest version of the Modern Tribe’s The Event Calendar PRO, but it’s not appearing anywhere on our site (it’s meant to pull through to our home page).

If I navigate to your main events page (your-domain.com/events) it looks like you have set week view as the default view and though there are possibly some presentation issues there it definitely seems to be populated with events.

Just to clarify – is the problem that the events are not visible (ie, you are asking about a presentation issue) or is it that they are no longer appearing on the home page?

If it’s the latter then I’m not sure how much we’re going to be able to assist, as that isn’t really something the plugin is built to accommodate.

commongoodsa
    Participant

Hi Barry! Thanks for your help.
    The main problem seems two fold: the events are not visible on the calendar page (so, presentation) nor on the home page.
    On the actual calendar/events page, shadows and little lines appears where events are listed, but the actual information doesn’t appear. I only recently changed the viewing setting to weekly (it was monthly) to see if this has any effect but still nothing showed up. I’ve reset it to monthly now and still it doesn’t show up.
    Then, our home page was meant to pull through the top three events from the calendar with a ‘click here for more events’, but it doesn’t. Visitors to our site are now not able to see what is happening nor are able to click through to see what events are coming up.

Can you help or should I contact WordPress directly?

Barry

Well, the absence of the event titles (in month view for example) seems to be something your theme has done deliberately – unless of course you or someone else modified the theme stylesheet. But I do clearly see this rule in themes/campaign/style.css:

.events-archive .entry-title {
    	display: none;
    }

There are actually a number of rules targeting The Events Calendar from within here – so perhaps it would be worth talking to the theme author (or, if you modified the stylesheet yourself/via a developer perhaps ask them for an explanation as it is clearly causing some issues).

To work around it though one approach could be to create a custom tribe-events/tribe-events.css stylesheet, and add the following rules which should get you a little closer (and should also eliminate some of those extra lines, though retains some that are included intentionally by our plugin):

.events-archive .entry-title { 
        border: 0;
        display: block;
    }

Then, our home page was meant to pull through the top three events from the calendar with a ‘click here for more events’, but it doesn’t.

OK – so you mean in the event list widget? We can definitely look into this, but if you could create a new thread for this problem that would be appreciated as we do try hard to stick to one issue per-thread.

Thanks – and let me know if the above CSS code helps with the display issues 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar PRO doesn't appear/show up’ is closed to new replies.