Events Calendar PRO displaying improperly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar PRO displaying improperly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Marcos
    Participant

Hello,
    We are currently building a calendar on one of our sites, and it was looking great on the default theme in wordpress. Now that we have activate the theme that we want to use the calendar it’s just not displaying properly, the navigation for the months is loading on top of the page all stacked up, and if you look at the “Event List” then everything drops down and my sidebar drops to the bottom of the page.

The link to the calendar is:
    http://team.311projects.com/calendar/

The link to event list as you know is:
    http://team.311projects.com/calendar/upcoming/

We are working a bit against time, and we would really appreciate if you can help us out with this issue.

Thanks!

Terri

I am having an issue like this as well. I activated the template and now I have various pieces that are shown below the events and I want it to be clean and neat. See an example here: http://gowisconsinrapids.com/event/the-neighborhood-table-free-meal-program-5/
    Thanks!

Rob

Thanks for the notes, folks. While we cannot guarantee this plugin will play nicely with every theme we can definitely do what we can to assist. Marcos, I’ve asked our dev Jonah to take a look here (knowing that you’re using Karmag 1.3, you’ve already refreshed permalinks and have tested different template options) and see if he can point you in the right direction.

Terri: are you running the latest (2.0.6) release for both plugins? I see the “This Event Has Passed” issue on your sample event, which best I can tell hasn’t yet passed as of this moment. (That problem was indicative of a bug in an earlier build, is the reason I ask). If you aren’t running it, can you update to the latest and let me know if the issue persists?

Marcos
    Participant

I look forward to hearing from Jonah, thank you for the support!

Marcos
    Participant

I can facilitate you the page.php file from our theme if you need it, or anything else you might need…

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Marcos, we do still have an outstanding bug that involves this issue and unfortunately no fix yet. Have you tried switching the Events Template option in Settings > The Events Calendar > Template to one of the other options?

– Jonah

Marcos
    Participant

Hello Jonah, yes I have tried that already but still the issue is there. There isn’t any advice you can give us to troubleshoot this issue? would you happen to know more or less what files cause it?

Marcos
    Participant

or is there anything we can provide to you on our end to try and find an answer?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Marcos,

I’ve just updated the ticket we’ve got on this issue to hopefully revive tracking down the bug and maybe bump up priority. It would help if you could send us a copy of the theme you are using so we can use that for testing. You can email to jonah [at] tri [dot] be

Unfortunately outside of that there’s not a whole lot else I can do but bring it up with the team in a meeting tomorrow and see if we can focus some more on this.

– Jonah

Marcos
    Participant

Jonah, I just e-mailed you our template. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do on our end.
    Thanks in advance!!

Terri

Hi — Yes, I am running the 2.0.6 version on both of the events plugins. I just added these in the past couple of weeks. I double checked and it still shows that the event has passed as well as having the extra stuff at the bottom. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Rob

Thanks for sending over the theme, Marcos. That should give us what we need to look into this in greater depth and try to figure out what’s up.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for sending us your theme. I was indeed able to recreate the issue. I did notice that if I set the Events Template in Settings > The Events Calendar > Template to “Default Events Template” the problem disappeared. The only problem with this setting is that you will then need to work on fixing your layout because that layout does not include your themes HTML markup and subsequently it’s CSS.

I’ve gone ahead and modified the ecp-page-template.php which is the file that’s used when you select “Default Events Template” to include all your themes markup and it’s looking good. Please get the code for the file here and place in an ecp-page-template.php file in an ‘events’ folder in your theme: https://gist.github.com/2839432 – and make sure to select the “Default Events Template” option.

I hope that helps! We’ll get this fixed for everyone in an upcoming version 🙂

Cheers,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Marcos, I forgot something, you’re also going to need the ecp-single-template.php – this also goes in the ‘events’ folder along with the ecp-page-template.php – here is a copy with sidebars: https://gist.github.com/2839507

Marcos
    Participant

Thank you so much Jonah, I will go ahead and mess with these two files today and let you know, thank you once again!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar PRO displaying improperly’ is closed to new replies.