Events Calendar Pro & SEO

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Calendar Pro & SEO

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jonas

First of all: Awesome Plugin! This is exactly what I need and I´m willing to buy the Pro Version. There is only one (big) SEO Problem: I´m using Yoast SEO plugin and it generates the canonical Tags for the Mainpage/Calendar Page from the first Event Detail Page, wrong Meta Desicription, and wrong breadcrumbs …with this settings its hard to get good google rankings. So my Question is: Does this problem exsist with events calendar PRO as well? maybe any tips to fix this by myself? or do you have any plans for future updates?

Rob

Hi there Jonas. Thanks for the words! We appreciate the support and are glad to hear you’re enjoying the calendar.

We are definitely aware of the conflict/misbehavior when running with Yoast, and unfortunately that does carry over to the PRO plugin at this point. It’s one of our biggest issues as we realize a lot of folks are running the two together – and we want to make sure that everyone has as smooth an experience as possible. Realistically the code to fix it won’t be deployed until the 2.1 release comes sometime in the fall.

Hope that helps and sorry I couldn’t offer up more in the short-term. If that is a major concern then I would recommend waiting until we’ve announced publicly that the Yoast conflict is fixed (which we’ll do given the interest); you can feel free to check in with me via email (pro a/ tri.be) along the way for updates.

Julien
    Participant

I agree with the question of Jonah.
    I also use Yoast.
    For the minimum, I use a little trick described here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/has_archive-on-the-custom-post-type-tribe_events/ # post-15887 and still no integrated in the plugin.
    You can see the result here: http://saintpierre.delareunion.net/agenda/categorie/conferences/
    On this page, we can see directly what is missing to make it perfect.

Benji
    Participant

Hi Guys
    I have had massive results with great SEO from the old events calendar but since moving to custom post type with the new events calendar the SEO and Page position of new events is terrible.
    Do you have any good pointers of how I could add the meta tags, title, keywords etc to every post? Sounds like you are all the full bottle on this and I hope you have a simple answer.
    Currently I am not using any SEO plugin and have my site running on genesis with a child theme from Studio Press.

Rob

Hey again guys. Thanks for the follow-ups here, and my apologies for taking some time to get you a response…the colleague of mine who I’d handed the reigns on this forum over to is no longer with us, so I’m just today catching up on what was missed since her departure. I really appreciate your patience so far.

We’ve actually got a patch that should clear up a permalink issue with Yoast (that another user reported was messing up her SEO) coming in the 2.0.9 build that is launching this week. If you guys are down, would you be willing to give the update a shot and let us know if the issue persists from there? If it does, can we move this discussion over from the pre-sale questions forum to the Events-specific one (as it at that point isn’t really a pre-sale question any longer)? Thanks in advance!

benji

Sure Happy to help, one issue I have found trialling Yoast is that it does not import the keywords from Genesis. Any tips on making this keyword import happen as I have not done the switch as 300 pages with keywords that would be lost! I have tried using SEO data transporter which is great, works with All in one SEO pack importing the keywords but not Yoast. i would prefer to use Yoast as this has best reviews but looking like All in one SEO might win?

Rob

It depends; there are also reports of conflicts with All-in-one-SEO as well. Have you updated to 2.0.9? Did it resolve your issue, if so?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro & SEO’ is closed to new replies.