Events calendar pro: Standalone plugin

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events calendar pro: Standalone plugin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    flawlessvictory
    Participant

Hi,

I am wondering why the Events Calendar Pro plugin is not self contained and relays upon the free Event calendar plugin to function properly?

This is far from an ideal setup from a clients usage point of view – i.e. having to update two plugins simultaneously, enable two seperate plugins etc.

Why can’t the entire feature set of the two plugins be combined for pro users?

Thanks.

Barry

Hi flawlessvictory – that’s a great question.

It’s not all that unusual to do things this way and such a model makes for cleaner, more maintainable code with fewer conflicts: remember that it isn’t only Events Calendar PRO that depends on and uses the core functionality offered up by The Events Calendar but several other plugins written by us and various third parties, too.

This is far from an ideal setup from a clients usage point of view โ€“ i.e. having to update two plugins simultaneously, enable two seperate plugins etc.

That’s definitely a potential downside, but given how easy WordPress makes it to activate and update plugins – most often, it’s a matter of a few mouseclicks – I’m not sure that it’s too arduous a process for the majority of our users.

Also, let’s imagine a user has installed WooCommerce Tickets, Eventbrite Tickets and Community Events and each integrates our core framework within it: if a bug fix is needed for a piece of core functionality we’re going to have to make them update all of those plugins.

For those users that do find updates to be a challenge that obviously isn’t optimal – whereas under our current system,ย in such a situation, they need only update a single plugin (The Events Calendar).

With all that said, we’re always open to new ideas and requests and if you want to post one over on UserVoice – which is our preferred channel for requests as it lets others comment on ideas and show their support – you are more than welcome to do so ๐Ÿ™‚

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Events calendar pro: Standalone plugin’ is closed to new replies.