Events Calendar Widget only displays current month events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Widget only displays current month events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jinsley8
    Participant

Hi,

I noticed a problem with the events calendar widget on my site. I removed the mini calendar from the widget according to the documentation but I still use the upcoming event list part.

It’s set to show the next 4 events but there is only 1 event left this month (August) and it only shows that last event. I would like it to also sho the first 3 events in the next month (September) as well.

View Here: http://www.portcredit.com/event/music-at-the-port-street-market-aug-31-2014/

ferdykorp
    Participant

I have exactly the same question! But how did you manage to remove the mini calendar? By scripting? I hope there is an option to show the next x upcoming events even when they are separated over a few months.

jinsley8
    Participant

Remove mini-calendar: https://theeventscalendar.com/remove-calendar-grid-from-calendar-widget/

Thinking about this more I guess it makes sense that it only shows the current month upcoming events since its a calendar of one month. The other full event listing widget should work how I want but it doesn’t look as good as this. I guess I will have to customize the other widget to look like the mini-calendar list.

Can anyone from Tribe confirm?

Thanks

Brook
    Participant

Howdy jinsley8,

Unfortunately that is true. Here is a feature suggestion about changing that functionality.

We are rolling around a few ideas for improving this widget. One thing we are actually looking into is the possibility of simply combining these widgets into one, and having the calendar be a toggle. A second possible improvement would be for the default view of the widget to show all upcoming events, not just this months. Of course, if you clicked next/prev month or clicked on a day in the calendar then it would limit you to that day. But, on the one hand an argument can be made that the default no clicks view could show all upcoming events.

This is something we are discussing as a team. All changes to existing functionality carry with them a lot of gravity, inevitably some will not like it. So we need to make sure that it will be both feasible and wanted by the majority. If you have any comments or questions let me know. Thanks!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a couple of weeks without a response I going to archive it. If for some reason this issue is not resolved though, please open a new topic. We are happy to continue helping!

– Brook

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Widget only displays current month events’ is closed to new replies.