Events not showing up in calendar since WordPress update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not showing up in calendar since WordPress update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    starfiresports
    Participant

Since updating to 3.8.3 my events have stopped showing up in the calendar view. They are continuing to populate in the upcoming events listing on starfiresports.com, starfiresports.com/youth, starfiresports.com/adult and starfiresports.com/outreach, but if you click “More Events” to go to the calendar page, it says that “There were no results found”. If you click “Youth Events” on the side navigation when on the calendar page, those events show up (still not in the main calendar, however), but nothing comes up for “Adult Events” (or Outreach Events, but there is nothing upcoming there).

Casey
    Participant

starfiresports,
    Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. Can you try resaving your permalinks to see if this resolves the issue? You can do this by going to Settings->Permalinks and clicking ‘Save’. Give that a shot and let me know if it resolves the issue.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

starfiresports
    Participant

No such luck. The problem persists. Would it be helpful to know that my permalink settings are currently the following custom structure?:
    /%category%/%postname%/

Casey
    Participant

After setting my permalinks to your format in my local environment (tested with WordPress 3.7, 3.8.3, and 3.9), everything was still displaying correctly for me and I was unable to replicate your issue. Have you performed any template overrides in the plugin? If so, you’ll need to make sure that they’ve been updated from the 3.5.x template files, as we’ve changed a lot about how the views and templates work since version 3.5.

If that still doesn’t fix the issue, could you try deactivating all other plugins to see if that resolves the issue? If so, then try reactivating them one-by-one to determine if another plugin is the culprit. Give that a try and let me know what you discover.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

starfiresports
    Participant

I removed all custom changes and turned off all plugins, added new recurring event and switched to 2014 theme, but the behavior is exactly the same as with the main theme (events still only showing up on calendar for youth, event shows up in list view but not on any of the calendars)

mkarsenti
    Participant

Hello,

I seem to be having a similar problem. The events show up individually but do not show up on the calendar.

Here’s the calendar: http://calypto.com/en/blog/events/week/2014-06-02/

Here’s the event that should be showing: http://calypto.com/en/blog/event/reaching-for-maximum-power-reduction-at-rtl-using-powerpro-and-slec/

Please let me know what I need to do to make this work.

Thank you!

Casey
    Participant

starfiresports,
    Have you tried a different permalink structure, just to see if that’s what might be causing problems? I just want to try to narrow down what might be causing issues here, so give that a try and let me know if it has any impact. Thanks!

mkarsenti,
    If your issue is the same as the above please do feel free to monitor this thread, but if you need assistance for your own specific scenario it would be great if you could create a fresh thread of your own. Thanks!

-Casey-

starfiresports
    Participant

We have tried different permalinks with no success.

Casey
    Participant

starfiresports,
    Upon further inspection, I’m seeing several javascript errors when viewing your calendar (screenshot). Can you please try resolving those errors and let me know if that clears things up?

Also, I’m still seeing an active template override directory here. Could you try renaming ‘tribe-events’ so that it temporarily disables any template overrides you’ve performed? That will help us to further troubleshoot, and eliminate possible culprits from the equation.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

starfiresports
    Participant

All of this has been done on our staging site: http://starfiresports.staging.wpengine.com/events/
    Still facing the same problems…

Casey
    Participant

starfiresports,
    We’ve had reports of other users having issues with the plugin while using WPEngine. Could you send me a private reply with a link to a database dump so I can test locally to see if I’m seeing the same issues? Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

starfiresports
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

starfiresports,
    Thanks for your patience, and for sending the database files. I was able to successfully import your database into a new WordPress 3.8.3 instance. While running the default 2013 theme, I was able to successfully view the calendar and all imported events with no issues (screenshot).

Since you also tested with plugins deactivated and using the default theme, this leads me to believe it’s an issue with your host’s MySQL settings. Please try adding the following code snippet to your theme’s functions.php file to see if this helps to alleviate the issue: https://gist.github.com/jazbek/6585714

If that still doesn’t resolve the issue, I would recommend reaching out to your hosting support to see if they can inspect the database queries to see why no data is being returned. I’d be happy to help answer any questions they might have regarding how the plugin works.

Try those steps above and please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not showing up in calendar since WordPress update’ is closed to new replies.