Events not showing up in main blog, Outspoken Theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not showing up in main blog, Outspoken Theme

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lizainge
    Participant

Hi There,

I’m having problems getting my events to show in the main blog feed of the Outspoken theme. I’ve tried using a standard WP theme and it works fine there so I think there must be some kin dog conflict with the theme. I have the site on lockdown at the moment due to hacking issues if you try and have a look. I’ve also read on the previous topics in the forum on the issue but can’t seem to find solution. Any advice is welcomed!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I think I can provide some insight, but not sure I will be able to solve all of it.

My guess is that the theme is using a custom query to create the home page, so the typical methods are not working.

You may have to create a child theme so you can edit the home page query and add in the tribe_events post type and the fields you would like to show directly.

Beyond saying that it is hard to tell exactly what is going on with the theme to provide more information.

You maybe able to ask the theme developer how to add custom post types and custom fields to the loop on the home page, they maybe to provide more insight.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

lizainge
    Participant

Hi Brain,
    Thanks for the tips. I’ve successfully set up a child theme and have it active.
    Please could you tell me which file to now edit and the code I need to add/replace?
    “edit the home page query and add in the tribe_events post type and the fields you would like to show directly.”
    I’m happy to provide you with a copy of the code on the page needed to edit if that will effect your reply.
    Many Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is hard to say which file it is, as there are a couple options and every theme is different.

It could be the index.php file or the home.php.

I can help a little with this, but I will be unable to provide all the coding. The theme developer may have a better idea on how to do this.

However, if you can post a private reply with the coding I will take a look.

Thanks

lizainge
    Participant

This reply is private.

lizainge
    Participant

This reply is private.

lizainge
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for the coding. I took a look and yep because the home page uses widgets it does not have a loop to add to.

We do have a widget you can add to the front page to just show events, but it will not be combined with other posts.

If the theme has its own widget that displays posts there maybe a way for the developer to add a custom post to it through a filter.

Or there maybe a way to add a custom loop on the home page, but that would have to be all customized coding.

Beyond that I am not sure how much help we can be here, but if you have some more questions I will try to answer them.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not showing up in main blog, Outspoken Theme’ is closed to new replies.