Events paid by donation

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events paid by donation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John

Hi there, I’m thinking of moving away from Events Manger to Events calender and Wootickets. I’d really like to integrate event ticket sales with Woo.

But Events Manager has the huge advantage of tons of shortcodes, is anything like this likely to appear in Events Calender soon?

Also, is there any way of allowing a ‘name your price’ type of event? I’ve looked at your forums and it seems that nobody has manged it so far. Editing a ticket in Woo will, for example, change the price of the ticket back in the event, but making it into a ‘name your price’ product/ticket (using the name your price plugin for Woo) or using a gravity form in the product/ticket, has no effect back in the event itself. At least that’s what the discussions in the forums are suggesting to me.

So, I’m wondering if there is a way to make this work? It would be the perfect solution for me!

Geoff

Hi there, John! Thanks for getting in touch and checking out the plugins. 🙂

Great question. I do know there is a Name Your Price add-on for WooCommerce. This will certainly handle the transaction you’re looking for as far as allowing visitors to set the price they want to pay for a product.

However, I’m honestly unsure how the add-on would integrate with The Events Calendar and our WooTickets add-on. Our plugins simply display the products and WooCommerce handles the transaction from there. How the price is displayed is where I think this gets hung up.

Have you checked out our Eventbrite Tickets add-on? As far as donation-based ticket purchases go, I think this is the smoothest integration you will find with The Events Calendar.

I do think it would be possible to make it happen with WooTickets as well, but you may be looking at some custom development to get exactly what you’re looking for by going that route. Eventbrite Tickets would get you there right out of the box.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know and thanks again for asking! 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Thanks for following up and confirming the answer, John! I hope this helps you choose the best direction for your site.

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Events paid by donation’ is closed to new replies.