Events RSS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

Is there any way to customize the events rss feed to include the other fields like start/end date, location, and all the custom fields?

Cheers, love the plugin so far…

Rob

Thanks for the words, Steve. I’m not sure of a method for doing this but our developer Jonah may. I’ll get him to chime in directly if he’s got anything worthwhile to note here.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Steve,

The Events Calendar uses the default feed templates in WordPress so you would need to modify these according to your needs. You can find information on how to do so here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Customizing_Feeds

Regards,
    Jonah

Caleb

Here’s an example of updating the Feed title with the start date that I’m using on a site I’m working on.

function theme_title_rss_title($output) {
    if (tribe_is_event()) {
    $output = tribe_get_start_date(null, false, ‘Y-m-d G:i:s’).” – “.$output;
    }
    return $output;
    }
    add_filter(‘the_title_rss’, ‘theme_rss_title’);

Rob

Thanks for this, Caleb.

Rob

Hey Steve. After talking with the team about this a bit more, we’re wondering what purpose you’d be using this more fully-populated RSS feed for…just so we can get a better feel on how to integrate something like this. Is it merely for frontend users to be able to see event details entirely in their RSS feed, or are you planning on doing more with the data? If you could give some thoughts, even in general terms, it’d be awesome.

Steve
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your helpful responses. I’m working on an events calendar that will be integrated into a site I’m building for a live music venue. The venue has partnered with a sponsor that will be promoting featured events on their own site.

The goal here is to provide them with access to a feed of not only the list of events, but the date (the default feed provides the date the event was created, but not the start date), start time, ticket price, and some other custom fields I’ve added to the custom post type. This feed will be used to populate a featured events list on their site.

I was thinking the feed could even be used down the road to populate an event list on Facebook.

Hope this helps,

S

Rob

Thanks a lot for sharing this, Steve – this is awesome. Will be super helpful as we discuss this further; sounds like you’ve got good ideas for this and we want to do what we can to make it easier for you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Events RSS’ is closed to new replies.