Events Search Bar not working in Month View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Search Bar not working in Month View

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    csikimacko
    Participant

As detailed at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-search-bar-not-working-in-month-view/ my Search Bar fails to work and displays a page titled Undefined when staring from Month View.
    I have executed the steps suggested at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/testing-for-conflicts/ and the result was the same.

Geoff

Hi there, Varga! Thanks for getting in touch. and sorry you’re hitting some trouble here. Let’s see if we can figure it out together. 🙂

I see what you mean. When I go here:
    http://dev.szolnokzene.hu/esemenyek/honap/

The page calendar will simply disappear when trying to search. Definitely not good.

I’ve seen this sort of thing pop up before and it ended up being the result of a conflict with another plugin. As a first step, could you try temporarily activating the default Twenty Thirteen theme, to see if the issue happens there as well?

If disabling the theme fixes it, that’s good news! It means we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict.

If the issue is still there when using the default Twenty Thirteen theme, then we can try testing for conflicts with other installed plugins. Using the Twenty Thirteen, please try deactivating all of your plugins, except for the ones from Modern Tribe. Does that solve the problem? If so, reactivate the plugins one at a time until the issue pops back up, then tell me which one was causing the issue.

These steps are also outlined here if you want some more details on how to test for conflicts.

Give those steps a shot and let me know what you find.

Cheers!
    Geoff

csikimacko
    Participant

Hello Geoff,
    as I told in the first comment, I had already switched back to the stock theme, disabled all the plugins, and tried with an empty browser cache. Unfortunately it did not help.

Geoff

Hi there, Varga!

I understand you already gave that a try–and thanks for doing that.

The next thing I would like to try here is creating a fresh test site–this will avoid any disruption to your live site and ensure that we’ve effectively got a “clean canvas” to work with.

• Please install a fresh copy of WordPress in a subdirectory (if you have a CPanel-type hosting account there will probably be a one-click install script to make this really easy)
    • Don’t install anything except The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO
    • Please also stick to a default theme – again, there’s no need to install anything else just yet!
    • Create a few events so we have some test data to work with
    • Can you replicate the same problem?

If you find you can replicate the problem under these conditions it would be awesome if you could stop and let us know so we can take a look while the site is still running under default conditions.

Thanks for your help!

Geoff

csikimacko
    Participant

Hey,
    as I have noticed more problems with Events Calendar giving 404 here and the I started to have the suspicion that the content of the rewrite_rules WP setting gets messed up somehow. Indeed, after disabling and then re-enabling URL rewrites in WP at Permalink Options, the problem went away.
    The only remaining problem is that clicking on the next month in Month View yields no results and the page is titled ’undefined’.
    Generally, it seems that the rewrite_rules that Event Calendar maintains are somewhat fragile.
    If you want, I can file a new topic for this problem.

Geoff

Hey Varga! Great work pinning the first issue down to permalinks. I’m so glad that did the trick.

Yes, let’s take a deeper look at what’s going on with the re-writes on your site. Go ahead and open a new thread and we’ll help you start troubleshooting. I’ll close this one in the meantime.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Search Bar not working in Month View’ is closed to new replies.