Events sorting on List view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events sorting on List view

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    runroom
    Participant

hi!
    is it possible to change how the events are sorted? the list shows the oldest events at the start of the list, but i will need to change this. For example i will need to show the most recent event created the first item of the upcoming events list, is it possible?
    ( sorry for my english 🙁 )

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out and I can help any your question.

is it possible to change how the events are sorted? the list shows the oldest events at the start of the list, but i will need to change this. For example i will need to show the most recent event created the first item of the upcoming events list, is it possible?

It is possible to change the events sort, but it is not a feature built into the plugin.

You are trying to do this in the Front End of the website? And not in the backend correct?

Let me know and I can see about getting a snippet for you for the front end.

Thanks

runroom
    Participant

Thank you Brian!
    I will need to do it in the front end, i made a custom theme to show my events (based on your original theme with the skeleton option active)

Thank you in advance.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok sounds good. I was able to get a snippet together while working on another issue.

This should get you close. The snippet has a link to WordPress’s orderby values to change them how you would like.

Right now it should show by title.

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/e6de697de04674a85e86

I was trying to get it to work by date, but it was not working for me, not sure what the issue is, but this is all the support I can provide on a customization through the forum.

So I am going to have to leave it to you to play around and see if you can get it how you would like.

Thanks

runroom
    Participant

Thank you Brian! I’m playing around the “order” and “orderby” parameters, but it doesn’t “totally” works. Maybe is beacause i’m using the FIlter Bar, but it’s kind of weird because suddenly puts the “cost” parameter at the URL when i pass from upcoming to past events.

FOr example, it works for the upcoming events…but not for the past…
    I understand that you can not give me more support via this Forum, do you have any other way to give me support? or could you help me to find a way? Thanks in advance.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am afraid this is the only way we can provide support on our plugins.

We have a list of developers that we can send you if you email pro(at)tri.be

You maybe to hire one of them to help you.

You can also post on our WordPress.org page and ask if anyone has a solution there as more of the community sees those posts.

The Events Calendar

Or post to WordPress Stack Exchange and see if someone has a solution there:

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/

Another option is to search for Github and see if there is a solution there as well.

That is about all I can think of right now.

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events sorting on List view’ is closed to new replies.