Export to Google Calendar, Member Submissions, and Custom Fields

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Export to Google Calendar, Member Submissions, and Custom Fields

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Franz

Hi!

I’m not sure if Events Calendar PRO can do all of these. I will try my best to describe them.

I want to add ability for certain groups to add an event, and have that event be synced to a public Google Calendar automatically.

So I’m imagining a form on the front end that will ask the users the date, time, location, picture, etc…

They click submit. It adds them to the Events calendar that I can use to display on the website, however it also also copies the meta to Google Calendar for public view (so people can add them to their phones, tablets, etc…) for anyone to see.

If it does at least that, that would be wonderful.

Another thing is if it had the possibility of Custom User Fields, and have those fields just be displayed into the “Description” area of Google Calendar.

So for example, I want a field that displays “Pick a Console” and “Pick a Game” and people can select that to appear on the calendar.

This project will be used to set up meetings for gaming events

Thanks! Let me know!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Franz,

It sounds like our solutions will do most if not all of what you’d need!

Community Events creates a form on the front end off your site that allows people to post events to your site. Most people set it up so that an admin has to approve the event before the submission is published. So that is easy!

Our core/free plugin allows you to export events to Google Calendar. You can see that in action here. However, there are a couple of caveats based on what you mentioned. The Custom User Fields, which would actually be added by the PRO plugin, do not by default export along with the Google Calendar data. You could add this ability easily enough by using our API, but that will require some PHP coding knowhow. Furthermore, the Google calendar bit does not sync. Rather, Google’s API allows us to copy the current event details to a users calendar. It does not allow us to then update that event later on if you make a change. Unfortunately the user would have to come back and click the export link again in order to recieve the update.

Does that all make sense? Do you feel like you have a clear picture now and  can make an informed decision? Please let me know!

– Brook

Franz

That answered pretty much everything beautifully!
    Thank you very much

Brook
    Participant

You are welcome Franz! I am happy to help.

– Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Export to Google Calendar, Member Submissions, and Custom Fields’ is closed to new replies.