Does the calendar pro support the following features:
1.Event organizer contact links so that users can email questions about the event to the event coordinator?
2. Does it include a discussion forum so that people who register for events may make carpooling arrangements and discuss other matters related to the event?
3. Tracking user attendance?
4. Does it include an event reminder?
Here are some answers, best I can to help out!
1) Event organizer can have contact details added, so yes, the email could be one of the fields. Here is a demo page that shows what that would look like: http://demo.tri.be/event/developer-scrum/2012-08-02/
2) A discussion forum would be another plugin. However, since the events are technically still WordPress posts (they are custom post types), you could do some code hacking to get the commenting function in there probably. Or perhaps your theme will have settings for that. Another way to arrange carpooling is to have an “additional field” that says “Need to carpool?” and if they answer “Yes” you could get in touch with them, or in the event description you could lead them to a blog post, forum plugin page, etc. where they could leave comments about it.
3. You could probably do this with the Eventbrite Tickets add-on: http://tri.be/shop/wordpress-eventbrite-tickets/ – if you want events to be $0 that’s fine too, but it would ask them to register and inside an Eventbrite account you can set up a limit of attendees, and a whole lot of other neat stuff.
4. It doesn’t include an event reminder but I’ve heard this request before so perhaps it will get put into a future release down the road (probably not for a while though). That being said, I think Eventbrite can send out reminders, so if you hook your Eventbrite account into the Events Calendar on your site you should be able to get that type of functionality with the two together.
Hope this helps!
Got an active license? Log in to comment or start a support thread. Visitors are welcome to browse.