Featured Image

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Featured Image

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    geoffjones
    Participant

I’m running EventPro on a site I’m admin for http://cambridgerambling club.com
    When creating an event if a “Set featured image” is added to the post then the image correctly appears in the header but also appears in the post see http://cambridgeramblingclub.com/event/swaledale/
    Any ideas on how this can be corrected, that is only to appear in the header & not the post? other than removing the featured image in its entirety.

Rob

Hey Geoff. Thanks for the note here, and for the link – I am seeing your issue but am unsure how you reached that. Which is the featured image: the person by the creek, or the rolling hills? It seems the person by the creek has been added as the primary header image for the site, but is also getting pulled into the entry. Are you adding the image in two locations, or is it automatically setting the header for the site as well?

Let me know so I can bett understand this and try to get it resolved. Thanks for your patience so far.

geoffjones
    Participant

Hi Rob
    Thanks for getting back. The featured image is the one in the header (person by creek). It has been set as the featured image (In WordPress theme talk that is the header). However, EventPRO obviously is using the same name, featured image, for an image WITHIN the post. 🙁 so the poor program is adding it twice, once in the header & once in the post.

geoffjones
    Participant

Hi Rob
    The theme I use is the basic Twenty Ten 1.3 by the WordPress team.
    Wordpress I’m using is WordPress 3.3.2.
    Regards
    Geoff

Rob

Hey Geoff. Thanks for the follow-up, and for confirming as much. This is an interesting issue: so if I understand correctly, the featured image that has been set by the theme for the header is being set across the board as a featured image for your other content as well…am I correct there? If so, does this happen for regular posts and pages as well?

If you can confirm that, I can try to get Jonah from our dev team to see what’s up and whether we can point you in the right direction. Thanks for your patience so far.

geoffjones
    Participant

Hi Rob
    In the default WordPress theme each individual post can have an individual featured image (Image size greater or equal to 940 × 198 pixels) This is set by ticking the box Featured Image when creating a post & selecting the required image.
    This featured image is more correctly a featured header, if one isn’t set then the default header for the theme is displayed.
    EventPRO also has an option for a featured image, which I think, you mean, is just an image that appears within the post.
    So setting a featured image in EventPRO that is greater than 940 × 198 pixels will result in the header changing & the wide image appearing in the post.

In our case all we want is for the featured image to revert to the standard WordPress terminology ie to just change the header for the post & not insert it into the post.

Obviously your developer could be cunning and clever and make any image smaller than say 900 pix to appear in the post and any image greater than 940 pix to appear as a header 🙂

Here is the WordPress article on the subject http://en.support.wordpress.com/featured-images/ Hope that clarifies the problem
    Regards
    Geoff

Rob

Gotcha. Thanks for the follow-up, Geoff. This one goes a bit over my head but I have asked our dev Jonah (far more well-versed in these matters than myself) to take a look and see what he can do to point you in the right direction here. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience so far.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Geoff,

You should be able to remove the featured image from single events by making a copy of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/single.php and placing in an ‘events’ folder in your theme and then finding the thumbnail code on lines 95-98 and removing it.

I hope that helps!

– Jonah

geoffjones
    Participant

Hi Jonah
    Many thanks for that info. I’ve done as you requested and it certainly has removed the image in the post. However, the sidebar fonts etc are still screwed up in that event post http://cambridgeramblingclub.com/event/swaledale/ Is there anything I can do about that?
    Regards
    Geoff

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Geoff,

Glad to hear that fixed the featured image issue. On the font sizing it looks like you’ve got some html font tags wrapped around certain elements in the code that is probably messing up font sizes. In general, you shouldn’t be using font tags at all anymore. They’re a deprecated HTML tag. They might be in the code from pasting event content from Microsoft Word or other program into WordPress, and it looks like it might be an unclosed font tag somewhere, probably for one of the posts on the page… You’ll need to go through your event posts, view the content in HTML mode and clean this up or figure out how to clean it up in your theme files if it was added somehow there.

Hope that helps!

– Jonah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured Image’ is closed to new replies.