Featured image missing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Featured image missing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mahina
    Participant

Hi,
    I love using the Events Calendar Pro, I’m however having an issue displaying the featured image for the events. I managed to search out and implement a solution here on the forums (which granted, removed the featured image for pages but activated them for the events), but I recently managed to overwrite the changes and can’t find it again.

I’ve tried adding either of the below to my functions.php but nothing changes.
    add_action(‘init’, ‘my_custom_init’);
    function my_custom_init() {
    add_post_type_support( ‘tribe_events’, ‘thumbnail’ );
    }

2. add_theme_support( ‘post-thumbnails’, array( ‘tribe_events’ ) );

My theme declares: “add_theme_support(‘post-thumbnails’);” in functions.php

A little bit of help please? ๐Ÿ™‚

Casey
    Participant

mahina,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. Were you able to resolve this issue? I’m currently seeing featured images displaying correctly on your site (screenshot).

Please let me know if you still need further help here if I’m misunderstanding things. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

mahina
    Participant

Yepp still having issues, as stated I was manage to fix the issue by adding a code snippet to my functions.php but with the downside that pages featured image didnt work.
    I did however overwrite the snippet by accident and can’t replicate what I did to temporarily fix the issue, so it still persist: http://d.pr/i/wU5d

I’ve also tried the solutions provided in other threads (1+2 above), still nothing.

Casey
    Participant

mahina,
    Sorry I misunderstood the issue at hand here, so thanks for clearing things up. Could you try testing for conflicts and let me know what you discover? I suspect that this might be an issue related to your theme or a plugin conflict, but want to confirm before troubleshooting further.

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

mahina
    Participant

No plugin conflict, the Featured Image does however return on TwentyThirteen. As stated previously, the theme Gonzo only declares โ€œadd_theme_support(โ€˜post-thumbnailsโ€™);โ€ in functions.php, which should be fine as it dosent add the specific post types if I understood what I read correctly. What else could go wrong?

Casey
    Participant

mahina,
    While I wish I could say that the plugin seamlessly integrates with every theme out there, the reality is that custom themes have so many settings/options that it would be nearly impossible for us to account for all of those. I’m not familiar with this particular theme, so I couldn’t speak to exactly what’s happening in the code, but it appears that something else in the theme’s code is causing a conflict with featured images.

I would suggest reaching out to the theme developer to see if they can offer further help in troubleshooting the issue, and let us know if we can help answer any other questions.

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if youโ€™re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

mahina
    Participant

Hi, Im having a conversation with my theme author, would be great if you could consider keeping the thread alive so I can re-post any possible solution to the issue or if I need to ask further questions.

Casey
    Participant

Will do! Just post back here if you need further assistance from us. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

mahina
    Participant

Update: Updating Gonzo to the latest version (duh, silly me for not checking) resolved the issue.

Thanks

Casey
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://m.tri.be/lo

Thanks in advance. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured image missing’ is closed to new replies.