Featured image thumbnail in events list

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Featured image thumbnail in events list

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Graeme
    Participant

Hi guys,

When viewing upcoming events as a list is it possible to make a featured image thumbnail appear left aligned in the description area? I have put a thumbnail image in the event description itself which then shows up in the events list but its ultimately the same as the featured image so if you view the single event then you see the big featured image plus the thumbnail again.

Do you have any suggestions here please?

Thanks!

Rob

Hi Graeme. Thanks for reaching out here. If I understand your issue correctly, might Jonah’s solution in this thread (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-display-the-thumbnail-in-upcoming-events/) be of value? Let me know if not.

Graeme
    Participant

Thank you for the reply!

This has added the event Feature Image to the listing above the event information but I was looking more for a a neat little thumbnail, say at 100-200px left aligned next to the event text, rather than the full size image above. Any thoughts on how to do that?

Also, I have not been creating events folders in my theme files!? I have just been editing the list.php file as I find it. Assume thats ok too? Suppose its not great for back ups.

Rob

Hey Graeme. Gotcha; not positive that we’ll be able to give you the exact solution here but I have asked a dev to take a look and try to point you in the right direction. Stay tuned on that end.

You can continue doing things as you are now, but the downside in doing so is that when you next update the plugin these will be overwritten and you’ll have to add them again. Should be fine so long as you have the code handy but may take some unnecessary time…by making the copy and modifying that, you know your changes will forever be preserved.

Barry

Hey Graeme. It sounds like you didn’t have any problems implementing Jonah’s code, so what I am going to suggest is just making a slight amendment to that code – the part where you call the_post_thumbnail(), everything else can stay the same.

I posted a few different snippets over on Pastebin, have a play with those and figure out which approach you feel most comfortable with. If you need any more help please just shout back!

http://pastebin.com/5KpciyPA

Barry
    Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured image thumbnail in events list’ is closed to new replies.