Filter Bar, or Categories in the Search Bar

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Filter Bar, or Categories in the Search Bar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I purchased the license of Events Calender Pro in a hope that it will allow me to add Filter bar and categories at the top like If I want to search events for Business, Summits but its not. If someone know how to do. Please let me know.
    Thanks!

Geoff

Hi there, Kevin! Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums. πŸ™‚

Great question. Filtering options are possible, but require our Filter Bar add on. You might be interested in checking that out because it adds the following filtering options:

• Categories
    • Tags
    • Distance
    • Venues
    • Organizers
    • Price
    • Day
    • Time

An alternative is to link to each of your categories manually. Every category has its own URL, which can be added to your site’s menu. For example, a category called “Concert” would have the URL: [your-site]/events/category/concert.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Yes,but I can also add Filter Bar Add on to The Events Calender (Free One) right? I bought the Events Calender PRO because of that categories only. Can’t I add those categories in the place where we can see List, Month, Week on the right of the search bar?? Is there any option to do that?

If not then can I go and exchange the plugin to Filter Bar add on and then I can add the Filter bar in The Events Calender (Free). That would be economical for me and it will work as per my requirement too.

Thanks!

Geoff

Hi Kevin! Thanks for following up. πŸ™‚

Yes,but I can also add Filter Bar Add on to The Events Calender (Free One) right?

Yes, this is correct. PRO is not required to use Filter Bar. In other words, Filter Bar will integrate with the free version of the The Events Calendar plugin.

Can’t I add those categories in the place where we can see List, Month, Week on the right of the search bar?? Is there any option to do that?

Yes, this is possible but requires adding the category link manually in the main menu the way I described in the previous answer, or by customizing the calendar templates using theme overrides (more on this in our Themer’s Guide). It definitely takes a little customization from what comes out of the box by default. That’s where Filter Bar would benefit you if you prefer to not do the customization.

Does that make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

I think I will go for Filter Bar. Hopefully that will work.
    Thanks!

Geoff

My pleasure!Β I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar, or Categories in the Search Bar’ is closed to new replies.