Filter Bar [PreSale Question]

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Filter Bar [PreSale Question]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gio

Hi there! First thing.. really thank you for this amazing plugin! 🙂
    I would like to ask you one thing before proceeding to buy the Filter Bar plugin.
    I need to use your calendar to show a list of appointments/meetings, so actually none of them is bookable.. it is just a showdown of events for a private website.

But.. because my website will be populated with a lot of users, I would like to show to the user ONLY the events where he/she is supposed to partecipate and not all of them..
    I thought this will be possible using the filter bar.. or something alike, and passing the information by the link (?action=tribe_list&tribe_username=[currentusername]… or something similar)
    My first idea was using custom fields, create a specific fields, put the username/s in the value box and return the result on the calendar.
    If the current logged in username is not the value list, he/she simply doesn’t see the event on the calendar..

It shouldn’t be impossible.. I have just installed your plugin and, to be honest with you, I haven’t tried at all yet.. Just wondering if with this addon my life will be easier or if you have a snippet similar.. or if I should bang my head into the wall and try to break the Matrix by myself. 🙂

Thank you,
    Gio.

Gio

Probably I found the part of the code that controls what I need..
    I’m using Advanced Control Fields, so I can use the get_field(fieldname) to check the result..
    File : view/month/single-day.php
    <!– Events List –>
    <?php while ($day[‘events’]->have_posts()) : $day[‘events’]->the_post() ?>
    <?php if ( $current_user->user_login ==’get_field(the_name)’) { ?>
    <?php tribe_get_template_part(‘month/single’, ‘event’) ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php endwhile; ?>

But.. of course it doesn’t work.. Simply I don’t see anything.. (but at least no errors.. 😛 )
    I am sure that I’m doing something wrong inside the cycle while.. but I can’t find – for now – what.. 🙂

Any suggestions ?

Casey
    Participant

Gio,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately, if you need support beyond what the WordPress.org forums can provide, then you’ll need to purchase a PRO license, or post a new thread with the account that you used to purchase your license.

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Gio

Hi Casey, thank you for your email!
    Yep, I knew that I have to buy a licence for this kind of support.. And I totally understand that.. 🙂
    Can you just tell me if I am going in the right direction or it’s totally a mess and I am waisting my time ?
    🙂
    Thank you.

Casey
    Participant

Gio,
    Unfortunately, filtering events by Author is not currently supported in the filterbar addon, so changing the URL won’t actually filter anything. Hopefully that helps point you in the right direction. Good luck!

-Casey-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar [PreSale Question]’ is closed to new replies.