Finding the page-id for auto-generated 'events' slug

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Finding the page-id for auto-generated 'events' slug

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    altezalabs
    Participant

Hi,

I already purchased the events calendar and am trying to find the page id.

Since the slug /events is typically auto-generated, then I am trying to find the page ID so that I can create a CSS rule specific to that page.

How can I find that page ID? Or is there a way to create a page normally and then assign that same slug via events settings so that I have more control over theme breadcrumbs, title showing in post-header etc.

Brian
    Keymaster

Luis,

Thanks for using the Events Calendar. I can help you out with this.

Since the plugin itself generates the “page” it is not a true page as considered by WordPress.

It does have body classes though that can help you target it.

One of these may help:

.events-archive
    .tribe-events-page-template

There is a way to make your own “Events” page but does involve some customization and creating your own template.

Thanks!

altezalabs
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi, I can help you out.

If you would like to add different titles whether SEO or for visitors beyond our template the only way to do that is by customizing the template using our themer’s guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

For the breadcrumbs you may have to add the theme functions to the custom Event Templates you add to the theme.

And this topic has some filters that are useful if you are working with WordPress SEO Plugin to modify the SEO title:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/yoast-ecl/

I am going to close this ticket as the original question has been answered, but if you have issues with this or need more help on your second question please create a new ticket and reference this one. I am doing this also because it helps to have one question in a ticketĀ  for both us and our customers to search for solutions or see trends.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Finding the page-id for auto-generated 'events' slug’ is closed to new replies.