Function for change of URL for Eventbrite not working (.COM to .CA)

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Function for change of URL for Eventbrite not working (.COM to .CA)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Raj
    Participant

Hi,
    I know this was asked before and the snippet I’m using as well is the one you provided in that same thread. However, when I try the code to switch the domain to .CA it’s not redirecting the user to this domain when the register button is clicked from the Events Calendar.

Here is that block of code:
    /* THE EVENTS CALENDAR URL */
    add_filter(‘tribe_eb_api_url’, ‘useEventbriteDotCA’);
    function useEventbriteDotCA($url) {
    return str_replace(‘.com’, ‘.ca’, $url);
    }

——————————-
    Thanks in advance,

Raj

Brook
    Participant

Howdy mgareview,

Those links are generated by Eventbrite itself inside of an iframe. This past week we have been noticing some changes on their end. It is possible they are forcing their API to load from .com now. If so there is no way for us to fix this, it is up to Eventbrite. I have even tried changing the iframe itself to a .ca domain, and that is not fixing it. I will consult with the developer of that snippet to see if he agrees. We will have to get back to you on Monday. I am sorry for the delay.

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Howdy mgareview,

The developer indicated that this snippet never changed the links inside those iframes. He did however indicate that trying my snippet, which changes the iframe itself to be loaded from the country of your choosing, might help fix the problem. Would you mind trying this snipper in your functions.php? It does not actually work for me, but since my events are all created from the .com anyways you might have better success.

If that did not work, then I am afraid there is nothing we can do. Eventbrite generates those links, not our plugin.

Please let me know if that works. I want to make sure you are sorted, and it would be handy to know for future reference. Thanks!

– Brook

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Function for change of URL for Eventbrite not working (.COM to .CA)’ is closed to new replies.