Google calendar displays strangely.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google calendar displays strangely.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Emu
    Participant

The embedded google calendar is displaying strangely for us, as shown here:

http://anmfsa.staging.emu.com.au/tribe-event-map.png

When I setup a brand new installation with the twentyeleven theme and the two plugins, we were still getting artifacts through the map:

http://anmfsa.staging.emu.com.au/tribe-event-map-twentyeleven.PNG

Can you please help?

Cheers!
    Emu

Barry

Hi Emu, can you provide a URL that will let me see one of the affected pages?

Emu
    Participant

Please see: http://anmfsa.staging.emu.com.au/event/test-event-1/

I think it has something to do with the theme, since removing other plugins didn’t change anything. I’m still not sure why the default theme resulted in the other artifacts though.

Cheers,
    Emu

Barry

Thanks Emu. For whatever reason that URL doesn’t seem to load, I’ve tried a couple of times now (also checked using downforeveryoneorjustme – looks like the whole of anmfsa.staging.emu.com.au is down, not just the event you linked to).

I’ll check in with you later in the week to see if you still need help and if the server issues have been resolved 🙂

Emu
    Participant

Thanks Barry, you must have caught it at the wrong time. Please see http://anmfsa.staging.emu.com.au/event/test-event-1/ again and it should be okay. Our client is also experiencing this issue.

Barry

Hi Emu, I did manage to view this last night so I could see that there was a problem. It looks like the event has now expired/been deleted and so has the screenshot you shared in your initial post: it might be handy to restore these or create a new test event to help with troubleshooting.

With that said, I do notice that there is a Javascript error relating to Jigoshop (jigoshop_frontend.js line 28: “Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method ‘easyTooltip'”) – and I wonder if this is stopping the Google map scripts from working their own magic.

Can you try disabling Jigoshop or otherwise working to remove that error and try this again? If that still doesn’t resolve anything can you please:

• Ensure your Modern Tribe plugins are up-to-date and in-synch – for instance, if you are using The Events Calendar 2.0.10 then please ensure you are also using Events Calendar PRO 2.0.10
    • Switch to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Twelve or Twenty Eleven
    • Now see if the problem persists
    • If the problem has gone, reactivate everything one-at-a-time until the problem returns, noting whichever component you last activated when the problem does return (it may not return, though)
    • If the problem does not go away, please post back and allow us a chance to look at the site and a test event exhibiting this problem before you reactivate everything

Thanks!

Emu
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I understand except I have already tried this on a completely fresh install of WordPress with a completely fresh install of the plugin with the same problem.

Please see http://wordpress.staging.emu.com.au/?tribe_events=test for an example. This is basically a fresh install of WordPress 3.4.2 and a copy of the latest version of the plugin.

You can see that the issue isn’t as severe, but if you scroll around the map you will still see the grey bars going through it. Scroll north east in the map for an obvious example.

The address I am using is 5 Cribb St, Milton, QLD Australia 4064

Cheers,
    Ania

Barry

Yeah I see that; I don’t think it’s address specific because if I click out and view the map on Google’s own map site the problem doesn’t occur. I also see the same thing if I pan across to the coast of Newfoundland.

Right now I can’t think of any other causes so what I’m going to do is refer this to a member of the dev team and see if we can get some input from them.

Please bear with me – and if possible keep that test site online so they can also see this.

Thanks!

Emu
    Participant

That’s fine we can leave the test site up indefinitely.

Samuel

Hi Emu! I confirmed the issue. The 2011 theme was telling images to be max-width: 97.5%. This was causing the maps images to not size correctly. I have added a css line to reset the map images. This should release soon in 2.0.11. 🙂

Rob

Hey Emu: just a heads up that, as Sam mentioned above, we released an update to Events/PRO today (2.0.11) which should have addressed your issue specifically. Let us know the results and if you’re still having trouble upon updating.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience so far!

Emu
    Participant

Latest update has fixed the issue, thank you! 🙂

Emu
    Participant

However please also note that the Google map needs the “max-width” properties reset for the images too otherwise the little man in the top right hand corner doesn’t display properly. I have done this in our local style sheet, but it would be nice to have a general fix in a future update 🙂

Cheers,
    Emu

Barry

Thanks for the feedback Emu – will draw to Sam’s attention 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Google calendar displays strangely.’ is closed to new replies.