Google Map not displaying (3.8.1 – recurring problem)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Map not displaying (3.8.1 – recurring problem)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mattcuba
    Participant

Hi,

My Google Map for events will not display, nor will the box where the Google Map is suppose to will load onto the page. This problem occurred when I updated to 3.8 with no solution to available for my website.

I did both the theme and plugin test, and the problem is still there.

I converted back to 3.7 — where the map works, and the website operates 100%

What’s the next step in fixing this situation ?

Thanks in advance!

– Matt

Brook
    Participant

Howdy mattcuba,

Thanks for narrowing it down. Knowing the version makes it easier to diagnose. There were a couple of changes in 3.8 relating to Google Maps.

• We switched to using maps.googleapis.com, the reason is that it helps folks comply with EU cookie laws. Is this being blocked by your server perchance?
    • The Google Maps enqueque functionality was enhanced. For one we added tribe_events_google_maps_api_url which allows you to do things like add a Maps API keys. It is also easier to dequque if you already have gmaps included elsewhere.
    • Switched to using lat/lng for map points instead of geoloc lookups. This helps performance a lot, and can enable your site to get many more views at the free tier of Google Maps.

Since I can not see your site (500 server error) I can not double check, but there is probably an error in the browser console when it’s not working. I bet that relates to the source of the problem.

Please let me know if I can provide more info or anything. Cheers!

– Brook

mattcuba
    Participant

Hi Brook,

The website is live now. Here’s an example event:
    http://ilovefreeconcerts.com/event/festival-lights/

Brook
    Participant

Ahh nice. I see it. You appear to be running the latest 3.8.1 versions and Google Maps is working! Were you able to isolate the source of the problem? Or did it just magically work again?

– Brook

peopleschurch
    Participant

I was perusing posts and noticed something. The map displays depending on browser. It did not load for me in Firefox or in Chrome but worked fine in IE and Safari. <div id=”tribe-events-gmap-0″ style=”height: 350px; width: 100%;”></div> is not being populated in Chrome while in Safari it has content (the map).

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Ryan,

That is off. That would extremely likely be cause by a WP Conflict. We have an awesome guide for testing for those. If something is conflicting it will help us identify what, then we will have enough info to try and tackle the problem. Would you mind testing for conflicts?

– Brook

toddmedia
    Participant

Same problem here, except I’m a new Pro user on a WP 4.0 site. No maps showing:
    http://www.alumnidev.com/event/event-1-2/

I don’t even know if I can install 3.7 WP or whether if I do, the rest of the site would go nuts. Any ideas on solving this or did I just waste $65? I like the system, but maps are needed.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Todd!

Looking at your site my browser is seeing the following JS error:

You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.

This is probably a good place to start. I bet you your theme is including Google Maps, and so is the Calendar. That’s no good! probably stepping over each other in other areas too, but to start you might try dequeueing the following script: tribe_events_google_maps_api . If that does not work, or you need more help, please open up a new topic if you don’t mind. We strive to keep every topic focused on one users issue, the original poster. That way everyone gets our full attention. If you do end up needing to open a new topic you too might be asked to do a conflict test, which is where I would head next if dequeueing does not work. Thanks for posting sir!

Since it has been a couple weeks Ryan I am going to archive this topic. If you are still experiencing your issue though, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Feel free to open a new topic. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Map not displaying (3.8.1 – recurring problem)’ is closed to new replies.