Google Maps not Displaying Pin

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Maps not Displaying Pin

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    NMAMA
    Participant

My google map isn’t displaying a pin on my events page.
    http://www.nmama.org/newsite/event/test-event-1/

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issue you are having.

I can help troubleshoot this.

I took a look at the event and see the issue.

Is it just this event or others as well?

If you change themes and view the event does that solve anything?

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

NMAMA
    Participant

It does happen with all my events. It looks like an issue with my child theme. I have adjusted that page: child-theme > tribe-events > single-event.php. The only other files I have in that tribe-events folder are the other files I adjusted. Should I copy over others?

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for that information.

I have adjusted that page: child-theme > tribe-events > single-event.php. The only other files I have in that tribe-events folder are the other files I adjusted. Should I copy over others?

You only need to copy the templates you would like to edit. If you do have some custom templates please try removing them and then testing and see if that helps.

If that does not can you try our Testing for Conflicts Guide and see if that helps resolve the issue:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/testing-for-conflicts/

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Thanks

NMAMA
    Participant

It works fine with my parent theme. It also works fine if I take out my single-event.php in the child theme. I’m wondering if I am missing something in my edited file that helps the google map execute. Everything from line 91 down is identical. Is there something above line 91 that I might be missing?

Brian
    Keymaster

Not sure what might be missing that is causing it. Are you able to take a new single-event.php and add your coding in one block at a time and see if you get solve the issue that way.

If I took a quick guess I would say a class is missing in a div or this function might be missing:

<div id="tribe-events-header" <?php tribe_events_the_header_attributes() ?>>

If you would like me to take a look on Monday please post your custom coding in a pastebin(or gist) and share a link here as a private reply if you would like.

Thanks

NMAMA
    Participant

I’ve gone through and check for tags that might be missing. I can’t seem to find any. I don’t want to start from scratch because I did a lot of customization to get it to this point. http://pastebin.com/HtTJaaQ8

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for providing the coding.

I added it to my site to see if that would replicate the issue.

However it did not reproduce the error. So maybe the single-event.php template is correct.

Are there any other files you have that you customized? That might be a place to start looking instead of the single-events.php.

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

NMAMA
    Participant

I did a couple of things to try to troubleshoot.
    1. I deleted everything except my functions.php file and my single-event.php file. One at a time until just the two remained. That did not fix the problem (find my functions.php code here: http://pastebin.com/NdunNwA1).
    2. I deleted the single-event.php file so that ONLY my functions.php file remained. That DID fix the problem.

To me, that makes it seem like the single-event.php file is the culprit.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok so it looks like single-events.php in your theme is causing the issue. Unfortunately, there is not much more we go do on this as the issue is being created through a customization. So it looks like the only way to solve this is to have you start with a new single-events.php template and add your customizations one or two at a time to test what is creating the conflict.

There is not much more we can do on this so let us know what you find out.

Thanks

NMAMA
    Participant

Well, I redid it twice. The first time I took all the code from single-event.php and tried to make it fit into my themes blog post template that I was trying to model the post after. I used all the code and thought I put it in the correct order but I ran into the same issue. The second time I took the single-event.php file and just added to it the minimum to achieve the same look. That worked. Glad the issue is resolved but I wish I could’ve tracked down the culprit.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok glad the issue is resolved. I agree it would be nice to know the culprit, but at least it is fixed.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Maps not Displaying Pin’ is closed to new replies.