Google Maps not Working for Venue or Single Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Maps not Working for Venue or Single Events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    fnfweb
    Participant

The map loads fine on the map view, but on the venue and single event pages it loads as a grey box.

Barry

Hi – sorry you’re hitting difficulties.

It certainly looks like something is going on and I’m seeing an issue in the console that doesn’t normally crop up:

InvalidValueError: setCenter: not a LatLng or LatLngLiteral: in property lat: not a number

I do also note you already ran through our standard troubleshooting steps which is awesome:

YES, I’ve deactivated all other plugins to check for a plugin conflict.
    YES, I’ve reverted to the 2011 default WordPress theme (with other plugins still deactivated) to check for a theme conflict.

Can you confirm that even with basically a stock installing running just our plugins this problem still occured? Alternatively, were you able to zero in one any conflicts with other plugins/your theme?

Thanks!

fnfweb
    Participant

It appears to be an issue with the theme, but I’d really like help troubleshooting it because obviously both the theme and the events handling are hugely important to the project.

Thank you

fnfweb
    Participant

I’m not sure if you or the theme support logged in and fixed this or if it myseriously had something to do with getting my SSL installed, but these appear to be fixed now.

fnfweb
    Participant

Well – the map shows up when SSL is enabled:

https://essential-essentials.com/event/health-wealth-the-doterra-opportunity-diamond-club/

vs.

http://essential-essentials.com/event/health-wealth-the-doterra-opportunity-diamond-club/

How can we make it so that they show up without SSL? Seems overkill to have SSL have to be enabled for events/ maps.

fnfweb
    Participant

SSL being enabled also does funky things to the sidebar events calendar, it’s stuck persistently loading and is a weird size.

Barry

We do have at least one known bug relating to SSL – that’s a problem that can occur when site’s are loaded over HTTPS, though, rather than the converse.

Since the main problem you’re describing happens via regular HTTP and only with your theme I’ve got to suspect that your theme also does something with Google Maps – resulting in the error/warning I quoted above – and perhaps the best way forward is to identify if the theme can have it’s Google Maps support deactivated.

Would you be able to contact the theme author and enquire about that? If they can offer up a snippet that achieves this and solves the problem then, on our side, we could take a look at it and potentially shape it so that it only takes effect on event pages.

Is that worth a try here?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Maps not Working for Venue or Single Events’ is closed to new replies.