GPS Coordinates on map are wrong

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO GPS Coordinates on map are wrong

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    millcreekpark
    Participant

Hi,
    When addresses are entered, they will show up correct. However, when GPS coordinates are entered, the map is off and showing a place five hours away. Any ideas?

Here’s an example: http://www.millcreekmetroparks.org/venue/east-newport-boat-launch-2/

Brook
    Participant

Howdy millcreekpark,

First of all, please pardon my delayed response. I accidentally missed this topic.

Our plugin runs addresses through the Google Geolocation service. If an address is off there is unfortuantely little we can do about it. The only real solution I have to offer is to wait. As part of a performance improvement we are switching our DB address entries from addresses to geolocation coordinates that are saved on edit. Once this is released, you could manually edit those entries in the DB if they are still wrong. Not a great solution I know, but when you rely on a Google service and it malfunctions, there is very little one can do about it. Google is notorious for not having a good support system.

The other that would work in the mean time is to enter the address instead of the lat/long, and hide the map. Or some variant of that. I suppose if you are quite familiar with the Google API, you could also write a snippet that ovverrides the market on this page to use lat//long instead of a geocoded address. But that is going to be a lot of work.

I really wish I had some better solutions. Hopefully one of this will fit your needs. Please let me know if that answer your question, or if you have any more I can help with related to this. Thanks!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a spell without a response I am going to archive it. If you do need anything else please feel free to open a new topic. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘GPS Coordinates on map are wrong’ is closed to new replies.